Thread: Can't do a burnout

Tuner in Training

Can't do a burnout

Gen 3 SD Tune 5.3 SS2 Cam Headers and duals
    3.55 Gears 2200 Stall
    Runs fine at idle, drives great. Pulls strong 2500 and up
    BUT can't do a burnout !!!
    WOT from idle won't even spin the tires!!!!!
    I have to missing something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Show us a log file of what is going on.

A few things from the tune. For one you don't have big enough fuel injectors for the power this engine will make. So you need to get bigger ones and then retune the VE table again. Also make sure you are running 58psi of fuel pressure and it's not dropping.

Lower your thresholds for power enrichment, the current setup is very lazy and waits too long.

Do 80kpa on the MAP, 50% torque enable. Do 60% on the throttle hot/cold as well. Remove the 2.0 second time delay and set the RPM delay to like 1,500rpm.

This tune file also says it's running a 4L80e transmission with 4.10 gears. If that is true you need to update the gear tire/wizard to the correct tire size and the 3.55 gearing you are running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Injector data is wrong - flow rate table is returnless-style, offset table is referenced-style. It can't be both at the same time.

I would make these changes as a baseline...

screenshot.23-06-2022 22.21.33.png

Mine had the same issue, I copied a trans tune, cut a paste and it does burnouts for days. Something in the torque scales, etc.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, will apply changes and report results !

Senior Tuner
    Try these two attached files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Looks like your VE table is totally stock, your long term fuel trims are probably maxing out trying to accommodate your SS2 cam. Do you have wideband O2 data?

His long term fuel trims are disabled in the tune. His open loop EQ ratio is set to all "1"s as well. As mentioned above his VE table does appear to be stock. That cam has a little bit of over-lap and as a result it is going to need to be leaner in the 400/800/1200 categories as a result of that. High RPM disable for dynamic airflow is set to 10,000RPM. Looks like this is a DBC vehicle and the base running airflow table looks stock. I can't imagine an untouched/stock throttle body is going to work with that cam. Either they have opened the set screw to give it more air, or drilled the hole in the throttle blade larger, or? He states it has no issues idling up above. Something has been done that we can't see in the tune if that is the case. PE table is set to 12.5 across the board (1.170). Stoich is set to 14.22...