Thread: After market return style fuel system

Senior Tuner

After market return style fuel system additional tables discussion

So, many of us know that the injector calc PID is not accurate once we go away from the factory fuel system (certainly for E67 HSV OS).

My setup is not quite 1:1 due to installation choice (my car, can do what I want) and I have a 2psi droop in fuel pressure over the course of the rev range. I have tuned around it as it is a minor issue but I would like to see my injector delta reading right so I can utilise the injector delta flow rate table again (Currently flat lined).

Looking at some info I have we have this...

Code:
    KaFDLV_b_UseEstRailPres[CeFRPR_e_Default] 
    Calibration to determine if estimated (i.e. measured by FSCM) or commanded fuel rail pressure is to be used for fuel injector control calculations. TRUE indicates the FSCM measured value should be used, FALSE indicates the commanded fuel rail pressure should be used. A unique value can be assigned for each fuel pressure state, but when operating in the \'default\' state, the commanded fuel rail pressure is always used.
    Based on the description I wanted to start some dialog around if we think there is any benefit with an aftermarket return style systems that we should have this flag set to false and the commanded fuel pressure adjusted in the FSCM to line up with the FPR reference pressure?

Here is another parameter that would be handy. Sure would like to bump this one up to 0.5s. Stock is 0.1s on the binary I'm looking at.

Code:
     KeSTRC_t_FuelPumpDelay
    The amount of time the fuel pump must be on before enabling the starter.
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 06-23-2022 at 11:33 PM.