Thread: Tune Scaling

Advanced Tuner

Tune Scaling

How do you scale a tune for larger injectors, and keep the commanded AFR shown in the log to be correct? Also, the Avg MPG displayed on the car has gone to something crazy now like 45mpg avg.

Car in question...
    2009 G8 GT Auto (LT's, Off Road 3", Stage 3 TSP cam, 36-3800 stall, flex sensor, ID1050X injectors)

The only reason it has 1050's is he got them on a trade deal and had to choose between running 93 on stocks, or putting the 1050's in to run E because the injector duty cycle was already high on 93 with his cam.

How do I make the logs show the correct requested AFR instead of double?

Would it run/drive better with the LSA's instead of 1050's? (a buddy has some used ones)

The tune file seems to be missing.

Advanced Tuner
    Use lambda/EQ and forget about AFR?

Senior Tuner
    scaling is easy double just use lambda or make a maths pid for AFR, what is your limit on 2009 thought 1050's should fit easy if u have 128lb/h no scaling needed, if u have to scale u scale fuel first as its the simplest, if for some reason that dosnt work and u have to scale air mldel then everything goes out and need all airmass tables to be scaled, torque needs scaling

Advanced Tuner
    exo, I have confirmed with a WBo2 in both Lambda and AFR that the car is running correctly. The "AFR Commanded" in the VCM Scanner just bugs me I guess.

07GTS, the 09's limit is 63lb/hr on the G8. The same year C6 Corvette is 127lb/hr though

Senior Tuner
    yea just to the double stoich, halve IFR, halve IVT terms and ur good to go, can do a custom maths then halve the AFR or just dont log it just log EQratio commanded instead, going the scale air flow way will give u way more hassles then just looking at the doubled AFR

Advanced Tuner
    07GTS yeah I had to do that for an 05 turbo truck, and it was a lot bigger deal having to completely re-arrange the spark table. I found out real quick that halving the airflow put me at half the cyl airmass I previously was on the spark tables. That was a fun experience for my FIRST turbo deal. He started out saying he was just gonna run 6-7psi. We ended up around 15-16psi by the end of the day lol