Thread: HELP car wont idle and dies

HELP car wont idle and dies

updated OS to 2 bar...killed the car. adjusted VE table and injector flow rate. car wont idle and dies.....

6.0 with LSA, 52 lbs injector data added, VE table cut and paste from OG file...

any help is great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So what MAP are you using?

The change history only shows the injector flow rate was changed. Is all the other parts of the injector data correct for those 52lb/hr injectors?

Also the flow rate you put in there is way up in the 60's and not 52lb/hr like you typed out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

1 bar. purchasing 2 bar
    i believe it is correct...
    using unit conversion tool gave me 60.2/by 29.2 old fuel inj = 2.07 x across entire row. to high?

oh and the gas pedal is not working now too....

When you see people say "injector data" they are not talking about the one single table for injector flow rate.

The 2 bar OS automatically puts in 2 bar MAP sensor settings which are just generic.

So if the 1 BAR sensor is still installed, that is a problem. Change back to a 1 bar settings and it would run like it did before.

Well sorta, the injector data needs to be changed for all parts. Injector flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset data.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

is there a relible source for the info? stock LSA injectors

12598646? I'd look in a stock tune file that used those injectors, like 2012 Camaro ZL1.

It is not a direct copy-paste thing, all the Gen4 data is in totally different formats and table styles.

What's your base fuel pressure, and what style regulator (returnless or vacuum-referenced)?

those are them. im using the corvette filter so 58 lbs is the assumption

Assumption is not good enough. Those filter/reg things have a bad tendency of not being able to flow enough return volume so base pressure ends up being 70+ psi.

IF you put a real gauge on it and it is really 58psi, then this file has the LSA data in it.

2006 P59 - 58psi returnless 12598646.hpt

Copy these 4 tables in green into your file:

screenshot.24-06-2022 23.12.44.png

Also note, if your fuel pressure turns out to be anything other than 58 then the data in that sample file is not correct and will need either the data re-converted or your fuel pressure issue corrected.

Thank you blindsquirrel, ill post up the results.

log file and tune file attachment BLINDSQUIRREL.

The car is idling...kinda. slow throttle response. i need to set up better tables in scanner.

Thoughts?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolley View Post
    The car is idling...kinda. slow throttle response. i need to set up better tables in scanner.

Thoughts?
    You're running a 1 bar MAP sensor with a 2 bar OS and 3 bar characterization data. I'm surprised that it runs.

You'll just need to enter the proper characterization data for the MAP sensor that you're currently running.

thanks for the help. i do appreciate this.

i plugged in the 3 bar map on the brick, using the 2 bar OS....thinking it will populate up to where i need it.

does it look like im running lean? thinking of adding fuel across the whole chart.

thoughts?

If the fuel trims are working right, it's not lean. Neither bank is super positive at like 20+ percent to show that it's lean.

What is the real actual fuel pressure as measured by a mechanical gauge? No guessing here.

Measured today @ 58 steady.