Thread: Boost Tuning Help - 5.3 Turbo in 52 Chevy

Potential Tuner

Boost Tuning Help - 5.3 Turbo in 52 Chevy

I was hoping to get this figured out and not be the 4 millionth guy posting for a little help... but here we are

The current tune has the car starting, idling and purring like a damn kitten at cruising rpms and load. The problem exists when I hit the throttle and begin to build boost. It misses and pops out of the exhaust at the 3200+ RPM range and only baby boost numbers... Mechanically everything is sound... Build specs below, tune and log attached. Wideband will be here in a couple weeks, which is what I need. Just looking for a quick review of the file to call out all the red flags.

5.3 LM7
    Summit 8706 Cam (226/230 Dur., 113+4, .600/.575 Lift)
    PAC 1218s
    Gapped rings, stock everything else.
    Truck intake
    GM 3BAR MAP
    IAT sensor (MAF delete)
    7875 turbo
    Stock truck manifolds
    Decapped truck injectors Flowed/Matched by Huntertuned
    Kemso 340 -6AN Feed/Return
    TH400

Rattyboost Tune_3BAR OS_Decapp_7875_Working File_vetabletweak_sparktweak_062422_Current.hpt06242022 run 2 tweaked vetable.hpl

Just so you know, 95% of people here hate decapped truck injectors. Sure you had them flowed but that's all you get. The rest of the injector data for them is now inaccurate now that they flow 3x the value they did before.

Being in the dark on fueling is a big problem, I wouldn't even try to get into boost if you can't see what is happening.

Still need to turn off abuse mode on the engine side and raise up the max torque in the TM tab. Also brake torque mngt is still on in the system options tab, so turn that off too.

Also remove the 1 bar map channel from the logs, it skews your readings when there are two MAP channels.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah.. it was a poor choice lol

I just got it running and new to the whole tuning game, so appreciate you pointing out those areas I had screwed up. I?ll get the wide band and get out of the darkness. Data is power. More to come once I get some!