Thread: newbe needs help with tune.

Tuner in Training

newbe needs help with tune.

I built a lq9 with 243 heads, texas speed torque 2 cam, ls1 intake with 12212156 injectors and 95 mm throttle body. I started it on my test run stand. it would not idle. only way i could keep engine running it to hold throttle open. could anyone help me or point me in correct way to tune?

thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

The injector number you typed out isn't an injector number.

If you change parts, you kinda gotta update the tune. If you put is LS1 injectors, get rid of them and get larger ones because that 6.0 is going to make enough power to need probably 31-33lb/hr injectors. I like factory flex fuel injectors from the early 2000's.

Add a little more base running airflow, should help it idle.

The open loop EQ ratio must be 1.00 for all cells at operating temp, no .97 or .95. It must command stoich for tuning.

Why did you disabled so many check engine light codes? How the heck are you suppose to know if something went wrong?

The MAF and MAP are disabled, the TPS is disabled, the o2 sensors are disabled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Injector # 12554271. I will go through and turn check engine light back on. Engine is going in a 1972 Chevelle

Those injectors are going to be too small for a cammed 6.0. Look into getting larger ones.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have a set of 12613412 injectors

Those will work, they are plenty big enough. I know a few guys have posted the cross over data needed for them on here before because they are GEN 4 injectors going into a GEN 3 calibration file.

Injector data will depend on type of pressure regulator and base fuel pressure.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys. I will be using a pressure regulator and adjust to 58psi.