Thread: Strange tps issue

Potential Tuner

Strange tps issue

Hey guys, this issue is driving me bananas.. curious if anyone has dealt with something similar or if I'm missing something here 🤔

I have a 102mm TB (holley sniper) on a fast 102. I have already elongated the bolt holes on the tps sensor and I read 0% tps position when the engine is off. When I start the engine it now stays at 1% -/+..

I was thinking the air was pulling the blade or something (thinking weak return spring maybe) I would manually try to hold the blade down by hand against the stop and no changes.

I even tried resetting the tps, starting the car and would move the tps so it finally would read 0% however if I restart the car it comes back at 1% +/-

Turn the motor off its now back to 0% throttle position. And when I press the peddle is a nice and smooth transition from 0 to 100% throttle.

Also have bought a new tps, same issue.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ivan02WS6; 06-24-2022 at 10:34 PM.

Post your tune and a log
    Have you dialed in your MAF and VE Tables?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    I had issues with a 102mm TB on a 408 with a big cam. NO matter where i set the Throttle body the vacuum change with the cam loping was moving the blade. It took me awhile to get it sorted out.. It was with a Holley ECU so i just set the TPS "0" kinda high and then closed the TB a fair amount and it didnt register the movement.
    Only reason i did that was i put a heavy return spring pulling to the radiator support and it stopped doing it. But you couldnt press the throttle pedal without getting a foot cramp haha.