Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '64 GTO LS Conversion Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
    Also thinking forward about getting a wideband. I guess I would need to weld in another bung (or two?). Or can you run the wideband in place of narrow band for tuning full throttle then switch back? I see, in the posted thread, someone reco'd getting AEM 30-0333.
    You can remove one of your o2 sensors and put the wideband in there for tuning if you don't want to add the bung.
    I'm sure the super modified guys run dual wideband but most I see only run one

I have the Ballenger AFR 500V2 so that's all I know. I know lots run the AEM...

Be cautions of what you purchase.
    There are Widebands out there now that plug directly to the OBDII (obviously a splitter is needed) and HP tuners picks it up VIA CAN BUS... Your ECM doesn't support that...
    That being said, I'm 99% Sure its the AEM-CAN BUS that still has an analog output so you can buy an older harness for it and hook that to your Pro feature set as normal (or run through your egr input to your ECM, but that is a whole different topic)...
    So in this scenario you could by the latest, greatest, for logging newer vehicles VIA OBDII but adapt it to work with yours...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Doesnt look bad
    Add MAF hz to your next log, that is needed for MAF error log
    Ok. Will do. Exactly the kinda of tips I need.