Thread: Driver Demand - Pedal Ratio (Automatic)

Tuner

Driver Demand - Pedal Ratio (Automatic)

Hey All,

I have been looking for a while now, but does anyone have any insight on how the pedal map ratio actually cooresponds to requested torque? I understand it uses OSS, but what I don't understand is how that coorelates to a requested torque value.

For example, if my logs are showing that I am at 3,600 Trans Output Shaft Speed in 5th gear (1.52 gear ratio on 10r80), that would coorespond to a stock pedal ratio of 1.75 at WOT.

This is where I am confused, if I look at it as 3600 OSS * 1.52 = 5472 (which is about the RPM i see on my log in that gear) would that mean i then look at the Driver Demand table for that area? Would I then multiply that by the pedal ratio? 475(DD) * 1.75(ratio) = 831.25 and that DEFINTELY does not seem right.

Please help my dumb brain understand this.

TLDR - With my Driver Demand requesting 475tq @ WOT what is my actual REQUESTED number being thrown into the Torque Modeling?

Notes - OSS is at 3600 in 5th gear (1.52 gear ratio) and Pedal Map Ratio is 1.75 WOT at that same "OSS"

Tuner
    i'm not sure exactly how it works either, i think it limits torque at certain speeds. i dont know exactly how everything is calculated tho. i just take the highest number in the table and put that number at the right end of the table at all oss speeds at wide open throttle

Tuner
    Bumping this - At this point so i dont blow my truck up and as for to much torque ahaha.

Anyone else ever figure this calculation out?

Advanced Tuner
    As you increase the pedal percentage your are using, That will line up with a multiplier on the pedal map ratio. That multiplier corresponds with the torque request on the drier demand table. 44%=1.25 pedal ratio which = 275ftlb driver demand * 1.25=343.75 Scheduled tq. At least thats how it works on my 2020 eco mustang

Tuner
    Hmm yeah thats what I thought the calculation was.. but if you see my original post - i use the same calc and that would give me some stupid high number in like the 800s, i def dont see that in my logs.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune file, It may be different than mine