Thread: LS3 F35 cam Need help

Potential Tuner

LS3 F35 cam Need help

Hi, I am new to the HP tuning world and I had a tuner work on my vehicle and left me with a horrible outcome. It starts up fine on cold start, but hot start you have to hold about 1/4 throttle to get started (maybe minute or two after start up). Then while driving it is ok at about 1/4 throttle all the way through rpm, but when you start to demand more throttle it starts to pop and bang and KR is pulling 12+ deg at times and im sure a few other issues.
    I was told I had a misfire so I have replaced all my coilpacks, injectors, spark plugs, plug wires and still have same issue. Here is datalog and tune file any help would be greatly appreciated.

09 6.2 TSP F35 cam, dual valve springs, headers, Intake but other wise stock engine
    engine had 95k prior to cam swap
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I have a similar cam. For the startup issue, it appears there is too much fuel for that cam. Try 80 in the cranking VE. Also 1100-1200 VE at idle seems excessive, try lowering that area by 10%
    And for the throttle issue, trying enabling PE at 50kPa instead of 87kpa. Double check there are no vacuum leaks either.

Tuner
    Just saw your log at idle. My above post confirms too much idle fuel. You can see how the LTFTs sky rocket towards the end of the log.

But something doesn't look right in the VVE table. The idle figures look good in the 'manifold open' table, but look extremely lean at WOT. In the 'manifold closed' table the idle looks rich but the WOT looks spot on. Do you have a manifold switch?
    Last edited by Baddy; 06-26-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddy View Post
    Just saw your log at idle. My above post confirms too much idle fuel. You can see how the LTFTs sky rocket towards the end of the log.

But something doesn't look right in the VVE table. The idle figures look good in the 'manifold open' table, but look extremely lean at WOT. In the 'manifold closed' table the idle looks rich but the WOT looks spot on. Do you have a manifold switch?

negative no manifold switch. I am going to make those adjustments when I get back to truck I'm away at moment and I'll post results.