Thread: ETC rpm limit

Advanced Tuner

ETC rpm limit

browot.hpldaily tune tip in.hpt

I'm having some issues with the ETC rpm limit when trying to go WOT. I have disabled all torque management in the tune but still getting the ETC rpm limit throttle cut. Do I need to Enable ETC limiting so that the computer knows that the limits are maxed out?

Hey Rob

This is way out there. Any chance not using the SAE RPM channel might make a difference?
    Also is your sample rate set to max?
    I find it hard to believe the scanner isn't picking up the signal fast enough, but ya never know..

Can you roll into the throttle and hit the 7,000 RPM you seem to have the tune set to (or just get past the cutoff in this log)?
    Possibly some predictive stuff we can't see?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    Hey brother. When rolling into the throttle the same thing happens. GHuggins actually tweaked something for me once and it seemed to fix it. I hit 6960rpm but after that it's like the cutoff rpm is 5800. The scanner is picking up the ETC rpm limit cut, so, using a different channel wouldn't make much of a difference I wouldn't think. It seems to be something in the Torque Limit vs RPM or Tip In Limiting. Or possible I don't have access to the table. That has happened before and I had to get a table added by HP Tuners support.

Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    Hey brother. When rolling into the throttle the same thing happens. GHuggins actually tweaked something for me once and it seemed to fix it. I hit 6960rpm but after that it's like the cutoff rpm is 5800. The scanner is picking up the ETC rpm limit cut, so, using a different channel wouldn't make much of a difference I wouldn't think. It seems to be something in the Torque Limit vs RPM or Tip In Limiting. Or possible I don't have access to the table. That has happened before and I had to get a table added by HP Tuners support.
    Interested to see

There is one other table I looked at Engine>Fuel>Cut Off>Acceleration Based
    It talks about acceleration limiting, but table description confuse me
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    Ill take a peek at that. Thanks!!

ok.. yeah. this is one of the things i was advised to zero out. I had no clue and still dont lol but i know the guy who told me to zero it has a ton of experience so i didnt question it. Maybe i was supposed to put the values back in afterwards?? Ehh.. maybe not. Ill leave it as is for now. I appreciate you lookin though D.
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-25-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    that switchover delay just above the Acceleration Base sounds like it could possibly have something to do with it no? I am getting "ETC rpm limit" as the torque management type.

Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    that switchover delay just above the Acceleration Base sounds like it could possibly have something to do with it no? I am getting "ETC rpm limit" as the torque management type.
    I looked at that. I was assuming that since you have ETC disabled it "Nulled" that out.
    I'm guessing it would not hurt to max it out. Now that assumes the 410 second delay would insure it never came on.

Along those lines the table in the acceleration base are Zeros, but max value is 8,000 (or something like that). So I was wondering, after I read you were told to do that if "Zeroing it Out" mean setting tables to Max values???
    As I'm sure you have, I've seen them both ways. Which is very frustrating at times

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Along those lines the table in the acceleration base are Zeros, but max value is 8,000 (or something like that). So I was wondering, after I read you were told to do that if "Zeroing it Out" mean setting tables to Max values???
    As I'm sure you have, I've seen them both ways. Which is very frustrating at times

Maybe so. I may look into that.

Tuning Addict
    Set your whole eot table to 7100 - I think that and wheel speed were causing your issues before Rob. Power train swaps usually have weird gremlins like that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Greg to the rescue...
    Question eot=Engine Oil Temperature? If so That's a VERY EVIL gremlin...

Advanced Tuner
    ill flash it in tomorrow, well later today, and see if that helps. Thanks brother!

Advanced Tuner
    UPDATE*******

I have permagrin. wotwot.hpl

Greg, Thank you Sir!

Nice!!

Advanced Tuner
    For sure for sure. Now, I get to circle back around and tweak everything again. My fuel pump went bad within 1200 miles. Contacted the vendor and they said it was over the 1yr warranty so best they could do was offer one at "half cost." Turns out their half cost was like $4.79 cheaper than I found it online but what can you do when companies don't stand behind the products they sell and are not willing to make it right? Eh, that's dust in the wind. I'm just stoked that this baby sings now haha. Once again, big thanks to you Greg!!