Thread: 6R140 (7.3L) long 2nd to 3rd Shift

Tuner in Training

6R140 (7.3L) long 2nd to 3rd Shift

I'm getting what seems like a long shift process from 2nd to 3rd. This is a 7.3/6R140 swap form a van. Everything else seems pretty dialed in now except for the 2-3 shift.

Any thoughts?

Tune attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Up the shift pressure, up the ramp rate, decrease the shift speed. Change it all, or change them all little by little. These are the tables you need to adjust. You can increase torque management for the transmission too.
    7.3L_6R140 shift schedule_MOD 11H-Edit.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Up the shift pressure, up the ramp rate, decrease the shift speed. Change it all, or change them all little by little. These are the tables you need to adjust. You can increase torque management for the transmission too.
    7.3L_6R140 shift schedule_MOD 11H-Edit.hpt
    Thanks. I'll try this. Truck is down through the weekend due to unrelated issues.

Tuner in Training
    I found the tune I was provided used the F250 torque map and 10spd pedal map ratio. I've since reset everything to the stock F250 engine and stock E350 trans with the following changes:
    -using my calibrated MAF periods
    -using my tire, gear, and N/V base settings
    -using the e350 pedal map ratio on the DD tab
    -using the F250 desired torque numbers scaled (linear) to the E350 accelerator position percentages.

This seems to have helped a lot and eliminated the need to increase the pedal charistics, increase the DD table, and increase the shift schedule...

With that, I seem to be getting what feels a like a TCC shudder around the 75mph mark. Thoughts?

7.3L_6R140 (F250 Engine & E350 Trans)(baseline)..hpt