Thread: 10R140 Tuning

Potential Tuner

10R140 Tuning

The shift schedule in my 2020 F-450 is terrible. At WOT it shifts and then theres a long pause, then another shift. Also, Id like to get rid of the skip shifts. There are 17 different up shifting tables. I assumed I needed to change the base tune, changed it and still skip shifts. Copied that entire table and pasted it onto most of the other tables and still getting skip shifts. Anyone messed with one of these?

Tuner in Training
    Turn off Torque Based Shift Schedule, Max out Truncation
    Still need to do most of them, 4x4, base, abs, both cooling, dsc, and inferred grade 1. Leave 2 alone.

The pause your talking about wont be fixed with the schedule that's more on the ramp time side. Do baby steps. Play the the schedule first.

This is one I did awhile back. I'm not a pro just sharing.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9_QZpL/pubhtml
    *Note this was on a SRW Tremor 4.30s and 35s so who knows what its like on a 450

It will probably hurt fuel mileage a bit.

Not all the skip shifting is bad, the odd ones are the main culprits like 4-6. 1-3-5-6-7-8-9-10 works pretty good.
    Last edited by CoreyMS; 07-03-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmerrell89 View Post
    The shift schedule in my 2020 F-450 is terrible. At WOT it shifts and then theres a long pause, then another shift. Also, Id like to get rid of the skip shifts. There are 17 different up shifting tables. I assumed I needed to change the base tune, changed it and still skip shifts. Copied that entire table and pasted it onto most of the other tables and still getting skip shifts. Anyone messed with one of these?
    If its on a early TCM calibration I recommend having someone flash the TCM with FDRS to the latest calibration before doing tweaks.

Ford is updating TCM calibrations constantly for 20+ 10R140 the new cals act much better then the early calibrations.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Hey so I?ve been driving my 2021 f450 for about 6 months now and whole heartedly agree that the shift schedule sucks. I?ve been tuning it a little at a time and have come up with a pretty decent solution. I can send you my file and you can look through it/ load it in and see what you think of it.

Basically under hard acceleration it shifts 1-3(tq converter lock) 5-6-7-8-9-10. It won?t downshift below 6th above 30 mph and will only downshift below 3rd once the truck is all the way stopped. So from 1mph on it?s in 3rd. Makes the 1-20 mph super smooth and seamless.

Advanced Tuner
    I can help with. Tune.