Thread: In need of default tune for 2017 Z06 & 8L90E

Tuner in Training

In need of default tune for 2017 Z06 & 8L90E

Hello all, I am in need of some help and my search brought me here. I own a 1972 Chevy Nova that has been completely restored. I purchased a GM Performance connect and cruise package for the engine and trans setup. It's the LT4 with the 8L90E trans. I am having a very hard time in getting the tranny tuned and someone who has been helping me said the TCM does not have the solenoid data properly stored. Regardless of what we do to the trans tune, it's awful to drive and the trans is making all kinds of noise (from the improper solenoid data we believe). When I connect Hp Tuners it shows a 2017 Z06 corvette as the vin, so my mechanic friend said, if you can find a 2017 Z06 with an 8 speed trans tune you could try to load that tune to see if that works.

So, I am here hoping someone has the default tune from their 2017 Z06 with 8l90e trans that you can share with me. I checked the hp tuners repository and there is a tune from a 2017 there, but it does not say it's the z06. Yes, I could bring this to the dealer, but I would really like to solve this issue without having to bring it there.

With the tune, I will only write the trans data and not the engine data as the engine runs just fine.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

The file in the repository is a Z06.

I would not write that file to your stuff, though. Use it to compare/copy settings & trans OS IDs all you like, but for writing I would not use HP Tuners.

edit: Oops, seems it is an auto trans file, but the uploader didn't read the TCM.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 06-26-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims72nova View Post
    Hello all, I am in need of some help and my search brought me here. I own a 1972 Chevy Nova that has been completely restored. I purchased a GM Performance connect and cruise package for the engine and trans setup. It's the LT4 with the 8L90E trans. I am having a very hard time in getting the tranny tuned and someone who has been helping me said the TCM does not have the solenoid data properly stored. Regardless of what we do to the trans tune, it's awful to drive and the trans is making all kinds of noise (from the improper solenoid data we believe). When I connect Hp Tuners it shows a 2017 Z06 corvette as the vin, so my mechanic friend said, if you can find a 2017 Z06 with an 8 speed trans tune you could try to load that tune to see if that works.

So, I am here hoping someone has the default tune from their 2017 Z06 with 8l90e trans that you can share with me. I checked the hp tuners repository and there is a tune from a 2017 there, but it does not say it's the z06. Yes, I could bring this to the dealer, but I would really like to solve this issue without having to bring it there.

With the tune, I will only write the trans data and not the engine data as the engine runs just fine.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
    Feel free to email me the current calibration file. I do a lot of remote tunes.
    [email protected]