Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 SD Turbo C30 - Please help...

Tuner in Training

6.0 SD Turbo C30 - Please help...

I have been trying to get this setup to work and I am not sure why it wont fire. Background- I posted a few months back about same situation and I tried a different motor, computer,harness, and injectors in the truck still crank no start. I have a BP harness power 12v key constant even hooked up to battery direct and have two grounds to head , block to frame, head to frame, body to head testing good with meter. I have spark using spark tool and noid shows injectors pulsing with VATS pass on the scanner as well as RPM so crank sensor should be good. I manually pulse injectors(stock, lsa, and currently installed deka 80s and fuel pressure goes down so they operating maybe not as designed but three sets of bad injectors? The engine fires right up on starter fluid. What am I missing? I have spent literally 100s of hours trying to get this to run....Anyone with any suggestions? Thanks!

no start 2.hpl87 c 30 new comp deka 80 2bar step 1.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Does it maintain 58 psi fuel pressure during cranking? Does it even try to start? The VE table is very odd. Try this one and see how it performs.87 c 30 new comp deka 80 2bar step 2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, Kevin....I tried the file you sent still nothing just cranks...yes 58 psi constant during cranking....

Cranking VE is cut way down from stock too, for some reason. Can't be helping, I'd imagine.

If it runs on starter fluid WITHOUT disabling injectors/fuel pump, then you 100% have a not-enough-fuel situation.

Any particular reason why it has a referenced-style Offset vs Volts vs Vac table, with a non-referenced Injector Flow Rate table?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, Squirrel....I forgot to change the IFR back on that tune above to reflect a referenced FPR and increased cranking VE......

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waderaces427 View Post
    Thanks, Squirrel....I forgot to change the IFR back on that tune above to reflect a referenced FPR and increased cranking VE......
    That was a good catch Squirrel. It would be best to put the cranking fuel tables back to stock for now, as well has the IFR table...

Tuner in Training
    Copy. Thanks Kevin.

Senior Tuner
    Here ya go. This one has the stock cranking fuel tables.
    87 c 30 new comp deka 80 2bar step 3.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I will try it.

Tuner in Training
    still crank no fuel spray.... I don't get it....Is there anything else I can try before I throw in the towel? At least my LSA swapped Anglia is dialed in drove it 2K miles to Bowling Green a couple of weeks ago...I guess who needs a tow vechicle....Thanks for any help..

Tuner in Training
    Just a thought? My lq4 turbo wouldn?t fire due to a failed map sensor, it wasn?t throwing a code either, found it was stuck at 1.4 volt , I am on mobile so I cannot look over tune .

No fuel out of the injectors at all? Confirmed how?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks squirrel....I tried step 3 still crank no start.. As far as confirming the injectors spraying fuel, I have new plugs and they are bone dry. i was going to test the injector spray with injectors connected to rail but out of manifold ...I do have fuel pressure drop when i manually fire injectors so I know they ( all three sets) can work.....

Carl I have swapped map sensors from 2 bar to stock and back the sensor appears to be reading correctly on scanner for my DA; but I can't assume it is not messing with 5v reference circuit...?

Thanks for the replies..

Do a fresh read of the PCM, save it as a new filename, and post it here.

Tuner in Training
    Re-read of computer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this what it really does? MAP sitting at 51 kPa, then jumps to ~100 as soon as it cranks over? Or did that log start before key on?

screenshot.02-07-2022 15.13.27.png

Can you do a log of JUST key-on, nothing else? Key-on, start log, let it run for like 15 seconds, stop log.

OH. Remove the non-2-bar MAP channel. It can confuse the PCM.

Have you tried starting without the MPVI plugged in?