Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.0 SD Turbo C30 - Please help...

Tuner in Training
    Here is a copy of my 2004 lq4 turbo 2bar sd tune running gen4 injectors. Your afr should be 14.7 across the board, spark table cut is around 8kph, this tune has been running for several thousand miles2 bar final 2022 june 2022 5lb spring.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Carl....I will try it.

Squirrel I attached a key on log and yes I have tried starting with MPVI disconnected...Thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by waderaces427; 07-02-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Use the compare function and check the ignition spark table speed cut off, yours it set to 8kph? And the afr table, have you confirmed that you have the MAF dtc’s when you have ignition on and do a read codes?

Tuner in Training
    Update....still same situation crank no start; I do not have any maf dtcs and I should? I have them set to enable SES in tune....

Squirrel- I removed fuel rail and injectors from intake and they sprayed in a consistent pattern on cardboard.....so now I have fuel, spark confirmed with spark tester, compression engine will run on starter fluid......

Thanks again!
    Last edited by waderaces427; 07-03-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Maybe already answered
    Is you gas half full of water or something like that? Need a fresh supply?

Other than that from all I'm seeing you need to go Scope. Measure spark KV, Injector coil current, signal alignment.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

I know you said new computer, but in the log I looked at "Controller NVRAM status" Fail...
    I don't know what that is
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Thanks....I saw the navram fail too? I put new gas in the tank two weeks ago with stabilizer....I ran a dedicated line and external pump to regulator with fresh fuel still no start this morning......
    Last edited by waderaces427; 07-03-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I decided to try starter fluid again to get it to run and FINALLY the motor ran using the tune 6.0 ls sd deka 80 posted in this thread per squirrel's request but I could not get it to re-start again. Since I had to use starter fluid, I am assuming I am still short on fuel during cranking..? Once running the idle was smooth and stable.. Thanks again for helping!

Set the entire Cranking VE table to all 100's. Every single cell. (Gen4's come that way stock)

Tuner in Training
    Will do....Thanks Squirrel...

How confident are you on the injector data? Did it come from an 'As Seen On The Internet' source, or from a reputable injector supplier?

Tuner in Training
    I changed that cranking ve table to 100%. Still not starting right up wihtout starter fluid assistance....Once started idle and stable and responsive to some gas while in park...Thanks again.

Tuner in Training
    You should have the MAF dtc set . Mine did exactly the same when I had a sensor failure. Try unplugging the map sensor and read codes, if there is still no codes start unplugging every sensor one at a time until you get codes, the last sensor unplugged will likely be the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Carlfromkerikeri View Post
    You should have the MAF dtc set . Mine did exactly the same when I had a sensor failure. Try unplugging the map sensor and read codes, if there is still no codes start unplugging every sensor one at a time until you get codes, the last sensor unplugged will likely be the issue
    Interesting

If it runs after it gets started on the spray, and there is no MAF installed, it must be in speed density. Or else it wouldn't run after it fires.

Looking at the injector data from the most recent file you posted, it has Injector Flow Rate table as if it had a non-referenced 'returnless' fuel system, but Offset vs Vac vs Volts table as if it were referenced return-style. So which is it?

Tuner in Training
    I have a boost referenced regulator with return. I need to carry the IFR table the same (94.6)all the way across? Thanks again.

Still hard starting but to hear it run after literally 150 hours and 5 months of trying is a victory lap....

Yes, the 0 kPa flow rate across the whole thing.

Tuner in Training
    Squirrel, Thanks! I will try it tom. morning as I am on shift ...Thanks to all for the help-really appreciate!