Thread: tuning from 93oct to E85 turbo 4.8

Potential Tuner

tuning from 93oct to E85 turbo 4.8

Truck is currently tuned and been running great on 93 pump gas. Truck is ready for E85. Is there a good idea what % to change the fuel and air tables or a direction to go with. I dont believe loading a stock file will get me real far. Can i base off my 93 octane tune for the 85???

Tahnks

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jheiner View Post
    Truck is currently tuned and been running great on 93 pump gas. Truck is ready for E85. Is there a good idea what % to change the fuel and air tables or a direction to go with. I dont believe loading a stock file will get me real far. Can i base off my 93 octane tune for the 85???

Tahnks
    It's best to run a flex fuel sensor with that combo. Otherwise, you'll constantly be making adjustments. Somedays you may have 70% E, other days, you may have 85% E. If you have a sensor and proper tune, you won't have to make adjustments, the PCM will do it for you.

51%E can legally be sold at the pump as "E85".

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    51%E can legally be sold at the pump as "E85".
    Wow.... Didn't realize it was that big of a spread

Here, North of Dallas, the best I've got was E80 (and I check it to verify my sensors accuracy, my first sensor was not to consistent so I'm still establishing trust in this one).
    My fill ups are from E70 to E78, Like Kevin mentioned.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer