Thread: Camaro tune issues

Potential Tuner

Camaro tune issues

17' Camaro
    Bolt on's
    Long tube headers - 1-7/8" TSP x - pipe, stock x - pipe, straight pipe, no cats AFM valves in place (supposed to be tuned off)
    Cold Air - Roto Fab
    Manifold - LT2 C8 modified to fit Lt1 (GPI)
    Flex Fuel - DSX kit
    Mighty Mouse Mild Catch Can
    AEM X Series Wideband
    AEM odb2 plug for ethanol ( I was miss informed to later find out that this would not work on car).
    HP tuner MVPI2 with interface and credits (Able to read ethanol )
    Two Stock O2 sensors and Wideband - Check engine light on for missing O2 sensor. Would be closed after tune.
    After all bolt on's were installed and before tune car had good AFR's. The car was noticeable more responsive on throttle and traction control worked perfect. Ran 3.9 0-60 on Michelen PS4 tires.
    Took car for tune.
    Made 410 hp on stock tune
    Made 429 on 93 pump gas tune
    Made 469 on 66% ethanol
    Took car out for high way pull ran strong
    Went to try traction control car would not rev up to standard 2k and when left foot off brake car just sat still rolled then it takes off . Tried small burn out car will not even spin tires, just bogs down. Tried foot brake car barely gets to 1500k rpm and just sits rolls off very slow.
    The car had a check engine light tuner fixed came back on when home. Sent another revision check engine light off. No changes to cars performance from a stand still. On a roll it runs strong.
    I am waiting for my tuner to get back to me and plan on taking car back. I am looking for any suggestions and help. I am dealing with a very
    reputable shop with cars way more complicated then my bolt- on car. The car is slower then when in stock form. I have seen cars with these same mods and no trans tune run mid 11's. The car ran 1.6 to 1.7 60 foot times stock. Its over 2.0. Traction control always gave me consistent 4.0 to 4.3 60 mph runs.
    I am look for suggestions and help. I am trying not to lose faith in my tuner. But I spent what I thought was good money for reasonable gains that I have seen. There must be something not correct in the tune.
    Thanks
    Last edited by camaro5017; 06-30-2022 at 01:43 PM.

To get the best help here you need to post a Tune and a Log. Now maybe you cant post tune do to it being tuner locked, I get that.
    BUT its impossible for people to make suggestions to something they can't see
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    To get the best help here you need to post a Tune and a Log. Now maybe you cant post tune do to it being tuner locked, I get that.
    BUT its impossible for people to make suggestions to something they can't see
    Will do thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro5017 View Post
    17' Camaro
    Bolt on's
    Long tube headers - 1-7/8" TSP x - pipe, stock x - pipe, straight pipe, no cats AFM valves in place (supposed to be tuned off)
    Cold Air - Roto Fab
    Manifold - LT2 C8 modified to fit Lt1 (GPI)
    Flex Fuel - DSX kit
    Mighty Mouse Mild Catch Can
    AEM X Series Wideband
    AEM odb2 plug for ethanol ( I was miss informed to later find out that this would not work on car).
    HP tuner MVPI2 with interface and credits (Able to read ethanol )
    Two Stock O2 sensors and Wideband - Check engine light on for missing O2 sensor. Would be closed after tune.
    After all bolt on's were installed and before tune car had good AFR's. The car was noticeable more responsive on throttle and traction control worked perfect. Ran 3.9 0-60 on Michelen PS4 tires.
    Took car for tune.
    Made 410 hp on stock tune
    Made 429 on 93 pump gas tune
    Made 469 on 66% ethanol
    Took car out for high way pull ran strong
    Went to try traction control car would not rev up to standard 2k and when left foot off brake car just sat still rolled then it takes off . Tried small burn out car will not even spin tires, just bogs down. Tried foot brake car barely gets to 1500k rpm and just sits rolls off very slow.
    The car had a check engine light tuner fixed came back on when home. Sent another revision check engine light off. No changes to cars performance from a stand still. On a roll it runs strong.
    I am waiting for my tuner to get back to me and plan on taking car back. I am looking for any suggestions and help. I am dealing with a very
    reputable shop with cars way more complicated then my bolt- on car. The car is slower then when in stock form. I have seen cars with these same mods and no trans tune run mid 11's. The car ran 1.6 to 1.7 60 foot times stock. Its over 2.0. Traction control always gave me consistent 4.0 to 4.3 60 mph runs.
    I am look for suggestions and help. I am trying not to lose faith in my tuner. But I spent what I thought was good money for reasonable gains that I have seen. There must be something not correct in the tune.
    Thanks
    Since it tripped a light while not running right I'd take a step back and figure out what code it has. It might be something simple/unrelated.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    What CEL did it toss?

Potential Tuner
    I am not sure trying to upload data runs.