Thread: File won't open - Translating Tung: Unknown Source

Advanced Tuner

Question File won't open - Translating Tung: Unknown Source

Hey guys, I'm trying to help a guy determine why his transmission got toasted on the dyno and the file he sent me won't open. I don't know who tuned the car or what device the tune was read with. I've tried a search and the only thing i can come up with is that the file needs to be converted with the HP Tuners "Tuner Tools." As I understand it, however, that's for converting .bin files. The file I was sent is a .hpt file. When I try to open it, i get the "Unknown Source" error. I don't want to spend $100 on 50 tokens to try to convert a file that doesn't need converted. I was wondering if we can't open it because it was read with a RTD+ or maybe is a .bin file after all and I'm too stupid to figure that out, lol. I've attached the file that was sent to me along with a screenshot of the error.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    file is corrupt and unusable, only you and your customer know the origins.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    file is corrupt and unusable, only you and your customer know the origins.
    Ok thanks, Bill!

Tuner in Training
    Well I just got the same thing except I AM the one who read, edited, and saved the file sooooo??? I go to open a previously saved file (even one saved on the same day) or try to select a "compare file" and I get the same error??
    Please help here!

Thanks
    Bryan
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944

Advanced Tuner
    Just got this message the other day. Funny thing is, I tried opening the same exact file on another one of my laptops, and it opened. Meh.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Tuner in Training
    I just encountered this as well. I forwarded the email to another and redownloaded it. Opened normally when downloaded from the second email address.