Thread: Tune question, professional tuner did something very weird

Tuner in Training

Please delete

Please Delete
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-29-2022 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Tuner reached out to me

Senior Tuner
    Can't help with the tune, but $300 for a cam and supercharger tune is cheap, at least if it was any good. Is this supposed to be a one and done tune or sending logs back and forth to dial it in?

What injectors?

looks like you are maf because your ve table looks crazy so does your spark tables. if you do a log with scanner you probably have knock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    What injectors?
    Injector Dynamics 1050x

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Can't help with the tune, but $300 for a cam and supercharger tune is cheap, at least if it was any good. Is this supposed to be a one and done tune or sending logs back and forth to dial it in?
    I was willing to pay whatever needed to be paid, I have every intention of wanting to learn just for the fun of it and this guy said he would educate as well as tune. He was too busy for that though so he said this would be a one and done and I could do some refining of the VVE Tables and MAF tables if I wanted to get it super dialed but not necessary.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by biholliday View Post
    looks like you are maf because your ve table looks crazy so does your spark tables. if you do a log with scanner you probably have knock
    I tried to follow your thought process here as it was hard to understand. I am assuming you mean the tune was for a MAF operation only. I do agree the VVE table was kind of a mess but I just figured that was due to the fairly large cam and Super Charger. I would be happy to look at the scanner if it would even run. I had to add over 100% fuel to it just to get the wideband to read 18:1 and that was when I decided to not risk anything and reach out to the tuner. He has been a ghost since yesterday afternoon and previous to this he would respond within an hour.

Stoich was doubled because of your injectors. They are bigger than the max allowed by the computer. However, you need to half AFR Terms from 7.92 to 3.96.
    Since you scaled the tune, now you need to read your (AFR) in Lambda only. Reading in AFR error will throw you waaaay off.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8