Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.5 XDI hpfp tuning

Tuner in Training

3.5 XDI hpfp tuning

13 Ford Flex Ecoboost 3.5

XDI 35 hpfp installed for 3 years no issues with a custom tune i got from a tuner, trying to start tuning my self from scratch and for some reason i cannot get any fuel pressure with this stock tune that i made(3bar and trans tunning on e85) is there something I'm missing that i have to enter for the XDI fuel pump??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Eco_FLex; 06-29-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I was under the impression that the only parameter that needed to be changed was the fuel amount per rev/stroke (I don't recall the exact name/number).

Tuner in Training
    i copied everyone over from my other tune fuel related just don't understand why i wont build more the 55psi at idle even know its commanding more attached is my hot tune file that i ran 11.7 with

Tuner in Training
    You will need to contact XDI for the correct data.
    They may well only offer it to their authorised tuners though as we sign an NDA to get the data.

Tuner in Training
    Just got a response from XDI guess I can’t get any information since I’m not a authorized tuner…

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure the high fuel pressure sensor didn't die? Just getting around to looking at the log, it's dead solid at 55PSI, that's not possible... At minimum it should read lift pump pressure (60-80ish PSI).
    Otherwise the tune looks like it should work well enough.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    Are you sure the high fuel pressure sensor didn't die? Just getting around to looking at the log, it's dead solid at 55PSI, that's not possible... At minimum it should read lift pump pressure (60-80ish PSI).
    Otherwise the tune looks like it should work well enough.
    fuel pressure sensor didn't die i flash to my other tune and no issues still drive the car every day

Tuner
    your enrichment rate is really low ".025 lambda/sec" dont think that would cause 55 psi pressure, but that needs bumped up to .200 to .500 ish lambda /sec i dont think direct injection engine with only 55 psi would run, thats lower than the lift pump! not sure whats going on there.

Potential Tuner
    for me to watch,
    what is your XDI file 35 hpfp installed for 3 years
    which worked with
    before your new changes

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CCND77 View Post
    for me to watch,
    what is your XDI file 35 hpfp installed for 3 years
    which worked with
    before your new changes
    The 22psi tune is the tune I’ve been running then the e85stock is the tune I’m trying to run on the car

Potential Tuner
    I basically have the same problem on a 2010. I'm trying all sorts of things to get the hpfp to work with HPtuners with no luck at all. It's really frustrating. I can put the stock pump back on and the pressure is as it should be. I put the big HPFP on and the pressure goes back down to 58ish psi. and won’t come up from there no matter what.
    Last edited by cru ss n; 07-07-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah it’s really frustrating I’ve been trying for several months to try and get it to work and nothing, according to XDI the only way you can run there pumps is if you pay one of there authorized tuners

Potential Tuner
    It has to be one of the settings under fuel system>fuel pump>high pressure fuel pump

Advanced Tuner
    Can you log HPFP duty cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eco_FLex View Post

XDI 35 hpfp installed for 3 years no issues with a custom tune i got from a tuner, trying to start tuning my self from scratch and for some reason i cannot get any fuel pressure with this stock tune that i made(3bar and trans tunning on e85) is there something I'm missing that i have to enter for the XDI fuel pump??
    Here are the differences in your file that are not defined by HPT.

Differences.txt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    Here are the differences in your file that are not defined by HPT.

Differences.txt
    How am I able to see these differences on my Hp editor? To be able to make changes

How am I able to see these differences on my Hp editor? To be able to make changes
    You would need to add them via User Defined Parameters, but for that you would need to know the addresses. PM me and I may be able to help you with that.
    Or you could turn everything in HPT on your 22psi file back to stock and start from there.

Here is your 22psi file but with everything in HPT set back to stock. Make your E85 file changes to it and test.
    Stockpsi.hpt

Tuner in Training

I just installed a XDI pump on my Fiesta St and had the same problem. The solution was increasing the pull in current to 6.12 Amps. At the stock settings (4.52 Amps) the solenoid was not pulling in. I guess it's not just a larger fuel pump piston, but a larger solenoid too. I measured ohms on both solenoid coils and stock was .8 ohms and XDI was .5 ohms so the math does work out.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone have issues with the XDI pump causing the cam to retard, especially when at 100% duty cycle? Seems more prevalent at high rpm when the oil is well up to temperature.