Thread: hanging throttle

Potential Tuner

hanging throttle

i have an 03 gt mustang 4.6. i recently swapped out the intake for an 01 bullit mustang intake. i replaced the throttle body with a bbk twin 65mm throttle body. i have bbk shorty headers bassani x-pipe n bassani cat-back system. the problem im having is i have a hanging throttle now. when i stop at a light it stay between 1500 n 2000 for 8 secs b4 goin to idle.. the idle is also higher then normal.. what can i do to get rid of the hang??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by $bluboyinc View Post
    i have an 03 gt mustang 4.6. i recently swapped out the intake for an 01 bullit mustang intake. i replaced the throttle body with a bbk twin 65mm throttle body. i have bbk shorty headers bassani x-pipe n bassani cat-back system. the problem im having is i have a hanging throttle now. when i stop at a light it stay between 1500 n 2000 for 8 secs b4 goin to idle.. the idle is also higher then normal.. what can i do to get rid of the hang??
    post your file, i will take a look at it.

Potential Tuner
    unfortunately im super new to all this.. how would i post my file? im still tryna learn how to record a file to send.. ne info woukd b great thx

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by $bluboyinc View Post
    unfortunately im super new to all this.. how would i post my file? im still tryna learn how to record a file to send.. ne info woukd b great thx
    the advanced tab next to quick reply is where you can post files. if you havent done so all ready check voltage at tps sensor, should be set close to 1.0vdc. here the procedure per ford..

Idle Setting Procedure

Please Note: These steps MUST be performed in sequence!!

1. Get engine to operating temperature.

2. Disconnect IAC (Idle Air Control) Solenoid. If engine stalls, turn throttle-stop screw in one full turn and restart. Repeat as necessary until engine will idle with IAC unplugged.

3. Set idle using throttle stop. Idle speed will vary depending upon modifications made to the engine. Set to where you are comfortable with idle speed.

4. Set TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) anywhere from .96 to .98 volts. This is done by loosening the mounting screws, and lightly rotating TPS. If you cannot obtain the desired range, you may need to make the mounting holes slightly larger. This can be done by drilling them.

4a. TPS wire colors to be probed are generally BLACK and GREEN wire or the GRAY/RED and GRAY/WHITE, depending on your vehicle.

5. Stop engine. Disconnect negative terminal battery cable for 15-20 minutes. You may wish to tap the brakes or turn the headlights on and off a few times as this will help to ensure that you have purged any remaining electrical current from the vehicle.

6. Reconnect IAC Solenoid

7. Reconnect battery cable to the negative terminal

8. Restart engine.

9. If problem persists, inspect for mass air meter problems and possible vacuum leaks.

/end instructions

Advanced Tuner
    you either have a vac leak or your throttle stop is too far open
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Potential Tuner

hanging throttle

im having issues putting my file on here.. can u explain to me how to do that ?

Potential Tuner

hanging throttle

file here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    throttle stop isnt tge issue at all