Thread: L98 / 6L80e Speedo Output

Potential Tuner

L98 / 6L80e Speedo Output

Hi All,

I have a L98 6.0 and 6l80e combo from an 08 VE Commodore in an old Landrover.
    I have the E38 / T43 combo wired in with no BCM.

The vehicle is driving fine after it was tuned, but the VCM Scanner does not show any Speedometer data.

I was looking to get a speed output to an electronic VDO guage in the dash to replace the old mechanical one.

Is there anything I can do to get speed in the scanner and run an output signal wire?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure that is a CANBUS controlled output. In other words you would need either a Dakota Digital CAN IP cluster or use a GPS

It is difficult to assist, when you fail to post your current tune.

From memory, Holdens were programmed similarly to Camaros and G8s - where the wheel speed sensor was used as the VSS source for the speedometer output.

With an E38 and T43 combination in a Hotrod, the speedometer source should be set to Vehicle Serial, and the speedometer output should be set to Serial.

Hopefully these changes to the calibration get you a useable speedometer output from the E38.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    It is difficult to assist, when you fail to post your current tune.

From memory, Holdens were programmed similarly to Camaros and G8s - where the wheel speed sensor was used as the VSS source for the speedometer output.

With an E38 and T43 combination in a Hotrod, the speedometer source should be set to Vehicle Serial, and the speedometer output should be set to Serial.

Hopefully these changes to the calibration get you a useable speedometer output from the E38.

Thanks Shrek!!

It's currently set to VehRepTOS, so i'll change to Vehserial and if i don't have success i'll post the tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racingline View Post
    Thanks Shrek!!

It's currently set to VehRepTOS, so i'll change to Vehserial and if i don't have success i'll post the tune.

Hi Shrek,

I tried the Vehserial but didn't get any speed on the scanner.

Here is the tune if you can see any other reason.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Anybody have any other suggestions before I look at the GPS option?