Thread: Good Tuning Resources Thread

Potential Tuner

Good Tuning Resources Thread

Hey Everyone,

I basically internet search for a living (I'm an IT guy - lol), and I have such a hard time finding FREE tuning resources for VAG. Especially SIMOS18. So I wanted to start a thread of all the resources you guys have found on VAG tuning, or just good free tuning resources in general.

I'll start:
    "General" tuning concepts, using HPTuners: HP Tuners 101, The Basics, Tuning Series Vol. 1

Audi S3 MQB Stage 1 Tuning: Audi S3 Mqb Stage One Tuning Session

Simos Wiki: https://www.simoswiki.com/

Honestly, there isn't much more than this I can find. Perhaps I suck at my job.

~Nick

Thank You So Much! I am currently tunning a VAG vehicle and the system is being a VAJ . Hp tuners has my vehicle listed for 6 credits, i was only able to pay 4 and have no access to speed limits or transmission torque tables.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperG5 View Post
    Thank You So Much! I am currently tunning a VAG vehicle and the system is being a VAJ . Hp tuners has my vehicle listed for 6 credits, i was only able to pay 4 and have no access to speed limits or transmission torque tables.
    I am tuning the Audi SQ/Q5 ZF8 transmission with 4 credits. I seem to be able to access all tables. The problem I'm running into is ECU tuning the B8 SIMOS. HP says I need 6 universal credits. Does that mean my 4 plus 2 more, ir does it mean 6 more?

Tuner
    It means 6 more... 10 total to do both engine and trans.