Thread: VCM MPVI2 Only Works On Older Versions Of Software

Potential Tuner

Question VCM MPVI2 Only Works On Older Versions Of Software

Updated To Latest Version Of Hp Tuners (4.12.4) And also Tried (4.13.40) Beta. Both these versions do not allow me to read, edit or scan a car. Even cars that worked perfectly prior. Polling Error etc. Luckily i had older versions to test as well come today. (4.2.12) (4.4.4) Both versions there allowed the device to scan and function as intended. Only issue is that i am unable to write a newer version ecu tune because the older version does not support it. So unless i can get the tuner to download a older version of vcm suite this device i have here is about useless. Potentially as well the credits i purchased for the friend/customer. Anybody else have this issue on new versions of vcm suite? Any Suggestions?

Test 1 V 4.2.12.pngTest 2 (4.12.4) VCM.pngTest 3 (4.12.4) VCM.pngTest 4 (4.4.4) VCM.pngTest 5 (4.13.40) (Beta) VCM.pngTest 6 (4.13.40) (Beta) VCM.png

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    try resync under help-resync interface, that will typically fix most similar issues.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Most users here are refusing to update for various reasons. You should stick to older versions, and NOT upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    try resync under help-resync interface, that will typically fix most similar issues.
    Been a few weeks since I read anything but just saw this and decided to test. I read 4 vehicles with both 4.12.4 and 4.13.56 (beta) with no issues other than I did have to resync interface on vehicle #2. Scan worked on all as well with the same software versions. Updated 2 of the vehicles with each of the two versions with no problems as well.

Potential Tuner
    Would anyone happen to have the install files for any of these versions listed above? I am not liking 5.0.4 that I am stuck using currently, thanks.