Thread: LS wire harness and extra parts transfer

Potential Tuner

LS wire harness and extra parts transfer

I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 4x4 with a 5.3 and 4L60E, body is pretty much shot. Making her a prime powerplant/drivetrain donor for another platform.

My intention is to retain emissions compliance, so the wire harness and fuse panels will be going with most likely (or I may have to modify some).
    I am considering to retain the instrument cluster and maybe the steering column.
    Using VCM Suite and the correct module, I want to turn off the security feature and probably remove other features as well. Can this be done using the HP Tuners equipment???
    I want to do most of this before pulling the truck apart. Anyone else done this before?

Yes, that should be possible to do with HP Tuners. Lots of people will take donor vehicles and put the harness/engine/transmission into an older car or just a different chassis altogether.

There are just minor things with the swap that need to be done as well so it operates like it did before. Like a full exhaust and proper fuel pump/fuel pressure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, that's my overall plan. To harvest as much of the donor truck as I am able to make the swap. I am looking to stay OBDII emissions compliant (because the project vehicle still falls under testing), so all of that is going to be swapped as well. I'm looking to keep the cluster because it has the oil life and calculated mileage etc, curious to keep those functional.
    I mostly figure that if the power train keeps it's harness, that will be just fine and I am not hacking or splicing into the vehicle harness much at all.

For those interested, I am looking to drop this LS into a Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive. Just for funsies, sorta.
    Turnin and burnin!!!