Thread: Evans Performance Academy??

Potential Tuner

Question Evans Performance Academy??

Hey Everyone, I'm relatively new to tuning and have been wondering about Evans Performance Academy. I see they have a course that covers the Gen 1 Coyote (I have a S550 Gen 3 Mustang) and have been wondering if anyone ever took it. If so how was your experience? I've heard and read extensively about the tuning school and HP tuners and both seem to be okay but not very specific / in depth to the coyote platform.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Kamakanaaa,

If you would like to talk to us about the Ford Coyote course from The Tuning School, we are always happy to answer your questions! Feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] or simply give us a call at 727-264-8875.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakanaaa View Post
    Hey Everyone, I'm relatively new to tuning and have been wondering about Evans Performance Academy. I see they have a course that covers the Gen 1 Coyote (I have a S550 Gen 3 Mustang) and have been wondering if anyone ever took it. If so how was your experience? I've heard and read extensively about the tuning school and HP tuners and both seem to be okay but not very specific / in depth to the coyote platform.
    Evans Performance Academy has great informative videos. Pretty decent even if you have to pay monthly to view their videos. I'd try them out if I was you.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    I can train u Im me. Or sale u a tune

Tuning School and Evans both have great classes. I prefer tuning school but use Evans also to fill in the gaps. Evans does a bit better with videos but Tuning School has great books to reference!
    2000 Camaro SS 408 TH400
    2012 Subaru WRX STI
    2013 Camaro SS
    2001 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakanaaa View Post
    At first, learning tuning, which will give the desired result, will be difficult. I remember in college I hated studying literature and any essay or term paper I wrote made me nervous. And improving the characteristics of the motor or suspension was much more interesting to me than writing an essay about a work from Birmingham Jail or similar using https:// samplius.com/free-essay-examples/letter-from-birmingham-jail/ I could find the right solution. So perhaps there are similar sites that can teach you the basics. Then you can move on to reading serious literature. So it will be easier for you.
    Last edited by JavaDev; 01-30-2023 at 04:41 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Jeff's programs are very effective. It will take a bit as noob. His training is extremely thorough. I highly recommend his program.

Potential Tuner
    I have found that once you sign up for one of their free webinars they will spam you constantly.

Tuner
    Evans is the most helpful. He has plenty of things figured out that i still see argued on here about. I also own the tuning school book and the coyote cook book. All of it has useful information but Evans is the most helpful. I think he has a better grasp of tuning the coyote motors then the rest and he is the only one showing you how to tune the speed density tables. Also you have access to tons of information on other cars as im sure you will eventually dabble in.