Thread: A few questions while getting ready for GMPP tune for my Sky

Potential Tuner

A few questions while getting ready for GMPP tune for my Sky

I'm trying to get back into tuning after being away for almost 10 years. Then I had very very lightly dabbled in it. I recently picked up a 08 Sky Redline and want to put the GMPP tune on for now while I attempt to learn more about tuning.
    I do not have the 3 bar MAP sensors installed. I also do not have the electronic vacuum for brake assist. So calibration file 12625954.

I made the changes to my stock file, leaving a couple sections alone. I didn't change anything in the Engine - Airflow - General - Map section (but did change the MAF calibration and MAF Correction). I also did not change anything under Engine - Airflow - Supercharger - Boost sensor. It seems to me that the boost sensor is the MAP sensor, so I left the Boost Sensor Linear and Offset what I originally had. I also did not change Engine Diagnostics - Airflow - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor High or Low fail, and also left the P0106 Range High and Range low to stock.

So I think I'm good to go with that. However, there are a couple of things that are confusing me between the files.
    In the comparison log I still have a number of tables that show differences, even though everything is zeroed out. These are the Main Spark and Optimum Engine Torque tables. It looks like the reason for these differences is because of a difference in the Load %. On my stock file it goes to 200%, in the GMPP tune it goes to either 210-215%. In these 5 tables should I keep my stock settings or the GMPP settings, even though they are 10-15% higher.

Final question is involving the ECU update that GM put out for the 08 cars that did not have the electronic vacuum for brake assist. I want to say that the GMPP tunes were made after they made that update, but I'm not sure. If so, then I'm fine, but if not, does anyone have what those changes were?

Potential Tuner
    Figured just in case I should also attach the tunes. First up is the stock tune from my 2008 Saturn Sky Redline without electronic vacuum brake assist.
    Second tune is the GMPP 2008 12625954 tune for 3 bar MAP
    Final is my adjustments for the 2.5 bar MAP to put on my car.

Saturn Sky Stock.hpt
    GMPP_2008_Kappa-12625954.hpt
    Saturn Sky GMPP Tune.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Hi. Been awhile since you posted so not sure if this is still relevant, but if I remember correctly, the update for non-vacuum assist cars was for the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) and not the ECM/ECU. I just applied this recently so the memory is not that old, but still...

Can I ask how you got the 12625954 tune? It doesn't sound like you had the GMPP kit installed? I ask because I need that exact base file and want to make sure it really is THAT exact tune!