Thread: Changed to ID1050x, startup RPM flare

Tuner in Training

Changed to ID1050x, startup RPM flare

Hi,
    Im helping a friend with his C6Z06 L7s equipped with a A&A supercharger and a bunch of mods. Intake, pistons, solid roller camshaft 246/260 0,657? lift and 114 LSA at .050. Boost is around 8 psi.
    We changed the old 60 lb injectors to new ID1050x and input all data. We have been working on the MAF fueling with both wideband at WOT and fuel trims during cruise. Currently the dynamic airflow is disabled.
    With the new injectors we get some severe flare up and RPM hang on startup and during cruise at clutch in.
    At startup it starts fine when cold, but when warmed up it takes a few seconds to fire up, and flares to 2000 rpm for a few seconds before it comes down to the 900 rpm idle.
    The same phenomenon happens when he push the clutch in between shifts or when coming to a stop at a stop light. Revs up to over 2000 rpm before falling down again.

Ive tried changing BRAF and startup airflow but havent had any success, cant understand why.

Is there anything im missing? Didnt think changing injectors would get him new issues.
    Thank you very much!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm surprised it even runs as good as you say with the VE values like. Even if the tune is set to run on the MAF, the VE is still partly used. These computers use numbers between 1000-3000 and no like the old VE tables of 0-200. Just look at any GEN 4 E67/E38 VVE tables. It doesn't even have a 2/3 bar MAP sensor yet either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm surprised it even runs as good as you say with the VE values like. Even if the tune is set to run on the MAF, the VE is still partly used. These computers use numbers between 1000-3000 and no like the old VE tables of 0-200. Just look at any GEN 4 E67/E38 VVE tables. It doesn't even have a 2/3 bar MAP sensor yet either.
    Well, thats interesting! Ive read up on getting the VE data correct using GMVE and Ghuggins VE fueling calculations and i will try that tomorrow. Im guessing i will have plenty to do with other parts of the tune when the VE is corrected.
    You are correct, it does not have a 2bar MAP, yet. Hes been running with the stock MAP and Maf only ever since he fitted the A&A kit 7 years ago. But he has a new Map sensor laying around, just havent gotten around to install it.
    Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Pierrel; 07-03-2022 at 07:03 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So we spent some time in the car yesterday. We checked WOT fueling which looked good.

Before the drive i managed to get the old VVE table transformed to the new VE table format of the 2 bar OS. That way i had somewhere to start from.
    Then we went for a drive trying to populate as many cells as possible in the VE table. The old VVE table had not had much work, with lots of big changes required. We drove around a bit to get me some data, i input the data and then interpolated and smoothed it a bit to not get a table which looked crazy spikey.
    This would require some serious time to get correct, but at least we made progress.

Hot startup with the new VE table was not great. Instead of flare up, the car had lots of trouble firing and staying running. It would fire and die instantly. What i tried to do was increase startup airflow in the hot start region. This seem to have worked as the car now starts good when hot.

Ive attached 2 logs, one where the car would start on the 3rd try, and then when it started normally. Please let me know if theres anything you consider wrong or what to continue looking at.
    Thank you very much!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    There are some additional tables that can help taper the fuel off as it transitions from crank to run. EFILive has them. But in all honesty if you get your tune dialled in right you don't need them.