Thread: AEM MAP Sensor with MPVI2 Prolink

Tuner in Training

AEM MAP Sensor with MPVI2 Prolink

I have 2014 Mustang GT with VMP Gen2R Supercharger, planning to get the AEM MAP Sensor 30-2130-50 for speed density tuning.

If I understood correctly I can connect the sensor to the Prolink's analog input and read the output in the VCM scanner.
    The sensor needs 5 volt DC supply voltage and analog ground. Can anyone point me how to wire everything correctly?

2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Do you know where should I get the 5v supply from? I was thinking to use 12 to 5 regulator but not sure

Quote Originally Posted by shalva View Post
    Do you know where should I get the 5v supply from? I was thinking to use 12 to 5 regulator but not sure
    Good question. I just remembered my WB is 12V
    I would think you could tap into an existing circuit and not need a regulator. Like my E85 sensor Tees into one of my coil circuits.
    Possibly share existing MAF sensor +5?

Maybe someone who has installed one will chime in

EDIT:
    Thinking about this, are you keeping existing MAF with this install?
    Last edited by dhoagland; 07-03-2022 at 01:37 PM. Reason: "MAF" not MAP
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Yes, MAF will be there. I will use MAP for speed density tuning and then remove it.

Sharing MAF is a good idea, will try it. Thanks!

Tuner in Training Pappacosworth's Avatar
    why not use https://www.plxdevices.com/Vacuum-Bo...7346002191.htm
    it uses 12 v, and it is cheaper
    Ford Mustang Cobra -94. Focus ST 2013

Coretuning/Moates/HPTuners/Quantum