Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Seadoo 300Hp speedlimiter removal?

Potential Tuner

I too cannot turn off the speed limiter with HP Tuners

I have used HP tuners for GM years ago never needed to be on the forum before.
    2023 RXP-X not one rpm over 8000 and slows down if it hits 71 after I put 318 in all the speedo page options.
    I don't have a GPS multiplier option on my screen.
    Is it normal to only have flash entire option with the write vehicle grayed out?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cosmic; 06-03-2023 at 10:06 PM.

Tuner in Training ninjawarrior821's Avatar
    I don't have a GPS multiplier option on my screen.
    I found that the Beta version of VCM Editor has the GPS Adder setting. Even with that maxed, I'm still not surpassing 71ish too.

I'm also not having much success with all relevant tables updated I can't get past 8100-8200 rpm and 118kph/73mph on a '22 RXP.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robson View Post
    I?m trying seeps limite removal
    130 is not speed limited..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    130 is not speed limited..
    2022 130 has speed limiter 52mph, and 7300 rpm.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RaraK69 View Post
    2022 130 has speed limiter 52mph, and 7300 rpm.
    no, no speed limiter on a 130.. period... it only does 52 because that's all it can do.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    I'm also not having much success with all relevant tables updated I can't get past 8100-8200 rpm and 118kph/73mph on a '22 RXP.
    Have you figured it out? Same issue on a 23 rxpx 300

I found a torque limiter recently. It was based on battery voltage. I think it is intended to cut power if there are major electrical issues, but it also had a mild cut above 8000 rpm. I haven't gone for a top speed run yet, will keep y'all posted.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not the OP, but I'm having the same problem with my 2019 RXP-X. It pulls hard up to 70 mph and just hits a wall. Anyone willing to take a look and see what I might be missing?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yann45 View Post
    Attachment 129538
    82 mph (132 km/h) on the dash (129 kmh on a real GPS) @8400 rpm with stock impeller (pitch 14/22)
    Can you share your findings? where did you find the limiters to go up to 132km/hr from 126?

Tuner in Training
    Hi guys
    if you only increase the rev limiter and increase the speed limiter at the max is not enought for reach 8500+ RPM
    In real stage 2 tune like RIVA for example you raise the spark advance at high RPM, ajust the fuel enrichment, the torque limits (stock is 90%) and many other restrictions.
    We also need a rear or front air filter, stock is too much restrictive , and air vent for the hull, test your jetski without seat and get easy 100 rpm more.
    And if you reach 8400/8500 rpm but your speed is slow : check your supercharger slip : very important !!!!! i've checked 3 RPX X 2022 : clutch supercharger slip is too low.
    On RXP X 2022 for reach top speed , put the trim max up and low fuel tank, air density and heat affect the results
    Obviously check your wear ring and impeller aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior821 View Post
    I found a torque limiter recently. It was based on battery voltage. I think it is intended to cut power if there are major electrical issues, but it also had a mild cut above 8000 rpm. I haven't gone for a top speed run yet, will keep y'all posted.
    Went from 70ish to 73ish, still needs some fuel changes. But still stuck around 8100, maybe it needs timing as mentioned by Yann45, currently running ~31 deg.
    Last edited by ninjawarrior821; 08-02-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I've got a rear air intake, Fizzle intercooler and hoses with BOV, catch can and IMUK delete. I still can't get over 8000 rpm @ 70 mph.

I started with a Riva Stage 2 tune and now have moved on to trying to figure out HPtuners. I've checked everything I can think of and just can't figure it out.

Plugs where new in the spring, oil is half way on the dipstick check correctly. The stock impeller still looks new and the wear ring is new. The compression is good and I reset the SC slip to 15 ft-lbs. Nothing has made much of a difference from stock with a SCOM. Starting to feel like I've just wasted a lot of money for nothing. I found a good deal on a new 21+ impeller that should be here soon. I'm going to give that a try just to see if it makes any difference.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    I've got a rear air intake, Fizzle intercooler and hoses with BOV, catch can and IMUK delete. I still can't get over 8000 rpm @ 70 mph.

I started with a Riva Stage 2 tune and now have moved on to trying to figure out HPtuners. I've checked everything I can think of and just can't figure it out.

Plugs where new in the spring, oil is half way on the dipstick check correctly. The stock impeller still looks new and the wear ring is new. The compression is good and I reset the SC slip to 15 ft-lbs. Nothing has made much of a difference from stock with a SCOM. Starting to feel like I've just wasted a lot of money for nothing. I found a good deal on a new 21+ impeller that should be here soon. I'm going to give that a try just to see if it makes any difference.
    check your dm

Advanced Tuner
    After putting in a 21+ impeller with a new wear ring I'm right there at 73 mph at a max of 8100 now too. Slowly getting better, but still not where I think it should be.

I also have a surge right at 7000 rpm which is right at 60 mph. From the log it looks like it's a timing issue, but I haven't been able to figure out why. It's not showing any KR on the logs.
    Last edited by truckmann; 08-07-2023 at 08:07 AM.

I may have found another limiter in the Fuel:Cutoff, DFCO section. It's the VSS Fault table which mysteriously ends at 70 mph and 8000 rpm. I'll make some changes and keep y'all updated.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm wondering if some here could share some log files? I'd like to see what things might be going on different from a machine reaching full speed vs one not. It would be helpful to have a good baseline to be able to try to figure out what's going on.
    Like I'm seeing between 26-27 psi of boost at full throttle, but I'm not sure what the normal max is on a stock machine.

Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    I'm wondering if some here could share some log files? I'd like to see what things might be going on different from a machine reaching full speed vs one not. It would be helpful to have a good baseline to be able to try to figure out what's going on.
    Like I'm seeing between 26-27 psi of boost at full throttle, but I'm not sure what the normal max is on a stock machine.

To get actual boost you need to subtract 14.3 from that number.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior821 View Post
    I may have found another limiter in the Fuel:Cutoff, DFCO section. It's the VSS Fault table which mysteriously ends at 70 mph and 8000 rpm. I'll make some changes and keep y'all updated.

Those are just limits when a fault occurs. I wouldn't modify any limiters that deal with faults.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    To get actual boost you need to subtract 14.3 from that number.
    I thought those numbers seemed high. Thanks for that info. What's normal for a stock ski?