Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Seadoo 300Hp speedlimiter removal?

Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    I thought those numbers seemed high. Thanks for that info. What's normal for a stock ski?
    You need a RPM reference point. At 8400 RPM I see 14.5 PSI with stock charger. At 8000 about 11.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. Sounds like I'm in the ballpark of normal if I'm seeing 12.7 @ 8100. Now if I can only figure out how to get a couple hundred more rpm out of it.

Tuner in Training ninjawarrior821's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    Those are just limits when a fault occurs. I wouldn't modify any limiters that deal with faults.
    I wouldn't want my motor doing 70 at 8 grand if there was a fault in the engine. It seems like it could be a limited based on speed to avoid cavitation maybe? Still haven't taken the ski out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior821 View Post
    I wouldn't want my motor doing 70 at 8 grand if there was a fault in the engine. It seems like it could be a limited based on speed to avoid cavitation maybe? Still haven't taken the ski out yet.
    You can ignore that setting, it is not limiting you.

Thanks. Sounds like I'm in the ballpark of normal if I'm seeing 12.7 @ 8100. Now if I can only figure out how to get a couple hundred more rpm out of it.

I had a quick look at your map you posted, if you haven't done this you need to increase timing under Spark -> Advance -> Base (all 4) at 8320 RPM. There's a very steep drop off down to 24 degrees, bump it up to 31 and see how she goes.

Tuner in Training ninjawarrior821's Avatar
    Getting just over 13 psi at 8100 rpm here. Stock charger.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    I had a quick look at your map you posted, if you haven't done this you need to increase timing under Spark -> Advance -> Base (all 4) at 8320 RPM. There's a very steep drop off down to 24 degrees, bump it up to 31 and see how she goes.
    I've made that change and tested since that was posted. It doesn't seem the tune is the issue but I can't find anything mechanically wrong either so I'm pretty confused about why it won't go any faster.

Tuner
    you need to adjust your supercharger slip.. it's a little low.
    should be seeing around 14psi at over 8000 rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    I already have. I set it to 15 ft-lbs. assuming the digital torque adapter I used reads correct. I'll have to look back at my logs to verify what psi I'm at. It might be a little more than I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post

I don't see that kind of a number at 8000 even with the larger 17.5PSI wheel.

Tuner
    I already have. I set it to 15 ft-lbs. assuming the digital torque adapter I used reads correct. I'll have to look back at my logs to verify what psi I'm at. It might be a little more than I was thinking.
    slip on a stock wheel should be set to 17 ft-lbs.. according to Jerry Gaddis at Greenhulk.

General rule is 1 ft-lb per PSI of boost. 17 sounds like something you would set on a large wheel. The 17.5 PSI wheel calls for 16 ft-lb of slip. I used 13 for stock wheel.

Advanced Tuner
    I was told to use 15-16 ft-lbs by Jesus at Riva. I've seen others set a stock wheel at 13 and go out and run almost 80 mph. I also have a BOV so I figured 15 would be fine. It was at 10.6 ft-lbs before I reset it which is in spec according to the manual, but obviously not ideal.

all the above call me 239 887 6848

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    all the above call me 239 887 6848
    I did man. I'm just not interested in spending $600 on this. Especially when I'm not convinced it's just the tune that needs fixed.

Tuner in Training
    Since i ve set my supercharger clutch slip to 14 ft.lbs ( 19Nm) all it's fine, because the stock value was under 7 ft lbs (9.5Nm) , that why explained i take 8400/8500 rpm but no more speed than at 8000/8100 rpm with my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I have used HP tuners for GM years ago never needed to be on the forum before.
    2023 RXP-X not one rpm over 8000 and slows down if it hits 71 after I put 318 in all the speedo page options.
    I don't have a GPS multiplier option on my screen.
    Is it normal to only have flash entire option with the write vehicle grayed out?
    you missing 4 limiters update your editor to beta latest update and check speedo again

I did man. I'm just not interested in spending $600 on this. Especially when I'm not convinced it's just the tune that needs fixed.
    OK

Advanced Tuner
    I'm starting to wonder if my crank gear has shifted. No real reason other than I can't find anything else wrong that should keep it from running over 8000 rpm. Is there a way too check it without pulling the engine?

I'm starting to wonder if my crank gear has shifted. No real reason other than I can't find anything else wrong that should keep it from running over 8000 rpm. Is there a way too check it without pulling the engine?
    Do you have a log?