Thread: JK 6.4 fan control

Question JK 6.4 fan control

hello guys,

got 2017 JK Rubicon converted to 6.4 i believe using Dakota customs kit, been trying to figure out how is fan controlled on this one with no success,

I know JK using PWM linear for fan mode, but i have this one set to 3 speed relay

I tried to change it to PWM ,fan works but looks like slow speed only no matter what temp i use for high speed i cant get it to kick in high speed.

so i went back to 3 speed relay fan works in high speed and you can hear it, however no matter the temps i use it kicks in high speed all time above 83 Celsius so basically running almost all time

read from jeep attached,

appreciate your ideas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dod your fan have a resistor ?
    Because it works with 12 V, no matter what level, so level one needs the resistor to get low speed.

I use a 1 speed fan, the rest does the low level thermostat . You can use an aftermarket two fan design instead.

not sure about resistor, its stock JK PWM fan, i know they run three speeds low ,medium and high

you have same also ? JK with Hemi ?

I managed to find two tune files for JK with 6.4, one is for 2013 and other 2014

one of them have fan as PWM and other has 3 spd relay

can anyone tell me which is right setting for 6.4 with factory JK fan ? i feel fan work only high speed and all time

If you're still looking for a fan control setup, the PCM / TIPM apparently can't control the fan for the Hemi swaps (not well anyway).

I'd recommend getting the RPM Extreme standalone controller. They call it the "EZ Canbus" - it's just a small ~2"x2.5" module and can drive your stock PWM fan or the newer Camaro PWM fan. It is excellent - completely solved my stock fan control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rockystock View Post
    If you're still looking for a fan control setup, the PCM / TIPM apparently can't control the fan for the Hemi swaps (not well anyway).

I'd recommend getting the RPM Extreme standalone controller. They call it the "EZ Canbus" - it's just a small ~2"x2.5" module and can drive your stock PWM fan or the newer Camaro PWM fan. It is excellent - completely solved my stock fan control issues.
    thank you for reply,
    do you use stock JK fan or camaro fan ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedShark_JK View Post
    thank you for reply,
    do you use stock JK fan or camaro fan ?
    I use the stock JK Pentastar fan.