Thread: Reload HP Tune to reset TCM

Potential Tuner

Reload HP Tune to reset TCM

Background: I have a restomod with a 5.7 hemi and 545rfe transmission. The car was tuned last September and everything was working correctly. Engine was performing good and transmission was shifting while in drive. I had a transmission line that was leaking and finally got it fixed. Lost about 4-5 quarts of trans fluid in the process. Transmission fluid if full. Took the car out for it initial test since fixing the transmission line leak and now I find it won't shift through the gears when the shifter is in Drive. Also, noticed that my speedometer is not working where it was working before. The car was only driven from my trailer to put it on the lift to get it in the air to fix the problem. We pushed it out of my garage to get it in my trailer. I'm getting a p0700 for the tcm and p0155 on the speedometer. When I test drove the car I had 1st and 2nd gears by manually shifting.

My question: Do you think I could reload the latest tune to see if it corrects the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by retmsg View Post
    Background: I have a restomod with a 5.7 hemi and 545rfe transmission. The car was tuned last September and everything was working correctly. Engine was performing good and transmission was shifting while in drive. I had a transmission line that was leaking and finally got it fixed. Lost about 4-5 quarts of trans fluid in the process. Transmission fluid if full. Took the car out for it initial test since fixing the transmission line leak and now I find it won't shift through the gears when the shifter is in Drive. Also, noticed that my speedometer is not working where it was working before. The car was only driven from my trailer to put it on the lift to get it in the air to fix the problem. We pushed it out of my garage to get it in my trailer. I'm getting a p0700 for the tcm and p0155 on the speedometer. When I test drove the car I had 1st and 2nd gears by manually shifting.

My question: Do you think I could reload the latest tune to see if it corrects the problem?
    Your issue does not seem to be Tune related.
    You had a leak, you fixed it, now you have issues. You never changed the Tune in this process?

If so, troubleshoot the codes
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    I had checked the codes and forgot to include them on my initial post. The initial code indicated 1st gear not correct. I cleared the codes and test drove the car and then checked them again. The second time I got a p0700 code TCM failure. My question: could the solenoid pack have malfunctioned due to low fluid and it needs to be replaced again? Just a thought as this makes no sense to me as the car was driven while fixing the leak except for start the car to see if the line was still leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by retmsg View Post
    I had checked the codes and forgot to include them on my initial post. The initial code indicated 1st gear not correct. I cleared the codes and test drove the car and then checked them again. The second time I got a p0700 code TCM failure. My question: could the solenoid pack have malfunctioned due to low fluid and it needs to be replaced again? Just a thought as this makes no sense to me as the car was driven while fixing the leak except for start the car to see if the line was still leaking.
    Replaced again? Have you had prior issues with this transmission?
    You mentioned you lost 4-5 quarts. Any chance it was run low enough, for long enough, to have caused mechanical damage?

To answer your question.
    I'm not sure on the Dodge if "Write Entire" with HP Tuners actually completes everything, I would think it would.

Different situation. I have seen the Dodge with Cummins get a dpf type code and the only way to clear it was have the dealer (or someone with equal software) Re flash the ECM.
    Even the dealer scan tool could not clear the code
    Last edited by dhoagland; 07-04-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer