Thread: Count down timer?

Potential Tuner

Count down timer?

Our races have a count down timer from 60 seconds to zero... I would like to add this to the video... I can add a timer to count up from 60... but can't figure out how to add an item that counts down... any help out there?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Advanced Tuner
    Try using this Display Object:

_Timer - Manual Countdown.rro

You'll want to move to the start of your video, then click the Add button in the Display Object Properties of this object to add a new timeline segment at that point. Then determine how long you want the countdown to stay at 60 before counting down. Put this number in the minimum range. If you want to reset it back to 60, then click the Add button again at that point (and you may need to adjust the minimum range again which is stored on a per timeline segment basis; so changing it in the second section does not affect the first). If you want something larger than 60 seconds, then just increase the maximum value.

If you want the minutes always displayed, you can click Open Script Editor, then click on the Background Script tab, and then change "Compact = 2;" to "Compact = 1;" and click OK.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help... I can get that feature to do everything I need using except I can only get it to count up and not count down. And anything I put in the range min or max doesn't seem to make any difference in what shows up on the screen. But I can work around that.
    What am I missing to get it to count down?

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, I didn't notice that the feature you posted was different than the one built in the software. I just read "manual timer"... I need to read better... LOL. I'm sure once I use it, it will all be good.

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    WORKED! Thanks greatly!