Thread: Failing to read LMM. 5 position switch installed too

Tuner in Training

Angry Failing to read LMM. 5 position switch installed too

'09 LMM 3500 dually. Previous owner had a 5 position switch installed, along with EGR and DPF deleted - physically and within the EFI live tune.

See attached. I can read the Allison just fine it seems, but I'm wondering if the 5 position switch that's installed is getting in the way of me reading the E35b? I've tried reading from each of the 5 positions and each time failure.
    Last edited by PRS; 07-09-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Gotta keep the EPA happy

Tuner in Training
    Oh, just as a side note, I can't seem to license just the Allison TCM by itself. The changes I really wanted applied were to the transmission only, and even though I purchased the 2 credits for the entire VIN, I can't seem to figure out how to tune the VIN with just the Allison read, which is attached above.

Quote Originally Posted by PRS View Post
    Oh, just as a side note, I can't seem to license just the Allison TCM by itself. The changes I really wanted applied were to the transmission only, and even though I purchased the 2 credits for the entire VIN, I can't seem to figure out how to tune the VIN with just the Allison read, which is attached above.
    Its been awhile back, and it was an Allision behind an 8.1
    On that Platform a "Full Read" showed an Allison with only 4 speeds (gears) to adjust.

The Answer for him was to unplug the ECM, Read the TCM, adjust then flash back.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...y-show-4-gears

Read the link posted in that thread

BTW
    Be careful if you are wanting to adjust shift times with this one. Very little goes a long way with these
    Last edited by dhoagland; 07-05-2022 at 09:33 AM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your vehicle has been previously tuned using some other tuning software and a custom operating system applied to the ecm, we will not be able to support your ecm as it sits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Your vehicle has been previously tuned using some other tuning software and a custom operating system applied to the ecm, we will not be able to support your ecm as it sits.
    Who is "we" Bill?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRS View Post
    Who is "we" Bill?
    HPtuners.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill is correct (usually is haha). Yes the 5 position switch brand x software changes the OS. So you cannot read it. You'd need to reflash to stock and read. Of course your tunes are lost after that but you'd be starting from stock (which may be what you want?).
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned