Thread: new parts = need help with a basic tune

Potential Tuner

Cool new parts = need help with a basic tune

ls swapp second read with bigger injectors.hpt

can someone shed some light on this?
    rebuilt lq4 stock bottom end new rings and bearings stage 2 cam 228-230 @.050 .585 lift 112 lsa
    ported 317's (going to boost it soon) stock tune ran ok with the factory truck intake then i put a fitech 102 mm 70076 kit minus the computer as i am running a gm 0411 with hpt
    it won't idle. when i give it a little throttle it will shoot up to 1,180 ish then go down to 380/400 then stumble and die.
    it currently has a 1 bar map and a 1 bap maf, i purchased a gm 3 bar and tried it with no maf it will run but not run right.
    i bumped up the injectors in the tune to 55. as that's what's in the intake currently.
    looking for some InSite, dyno guy told me to get it running basically before he will dyno it for numbers.
    i attached the tune it has and will upload a data scan also shitty pooping b.hpl
    read a thread that fitech had a issue with the iac but it was a different kit or was a user error.

any help would be great .

Need more than just the flow rate for the injectors. Seems doubtful that Fi-Tech will have the data you need for those injectors to plug into HP Tuners.

It's going to need a ton of stuff done to it to make it run. Hard to just say do this and do that because that would take a ton of back and forth.

Maybe someone here could help with a remote tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    The only info I have on the injectors, is that they are 55 lb. p/h no spec or flow sheet. their tech support is hit and miss
    I do have a wideband installed on driver side header and it's at 14.7 which i thought was kind of lean.

If you can't get injector data for them, sell them and buy injectors that do come with data. No point in tuning if you can't get that information.

Stoich for regular E0 fuel is 14.7 and if your wideband is reporting in AFR it will always show normal running conditions of 14.3-15.0ish. Even if you put E85 in the tank, the AFR would still show 14's even though the stoich for E85 is 9.7. Lots of reading you can do on that, like AFR or Lambda reading/tuning.

So to settle it, 14.7 is not lean at all for idle and normal driving. Would be a different story under full throttle.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks man.[ATTACH]122071
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Klapped out awd $hit box RCLB powered by Brucelee movies and thunderstorms

Potential Tuner
    Dear five finger.
    if Ivan Moody had the same post im sure you would expand your knowledge, im willing to pay a tuner to dial in my rig.......... got this forum for maybe some InSite. i know you guys can do better then that.
    then just say "buy new injectors lol"

Injector data is not something you adjust as a tuning aid, maybe you should do some research before whining about not liking the answers you get.

http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/

What more do you want me or someone else to say? You can't go any further without proper injector data. Having correct injector data is the key to the whole fueling map.

Initial stuff is easy, like upping the idle rpm, adding some base running airflow because it's a larger camshaft. Adjusting the idle timing to around 20ish give or take. Once the injector stuff is figured out you need to get the wideband working in the data logs so you can tune the MAF airflow curve and VE table to get fueling under control.

This forum is full of knowledge and probably a few thousand threads worth of stuff. The problem is that it's hard to find threads with good information because people here will help someone and then the thread just dies and the person never comes back.

I had to google that intake too and holy balls that's a lot of money for something that probably won't be any better than a GEN 4 truck intake. Plus your data log did show a TPS code, which may be something to clear and see if it comes back.

Potential Tuner
    i was looking for a base tune for my setup. not whinnying about anything maybe YOU need to REREAD my original post.
    as said in my post my specs and my issues. and YOU as a senior tuner should be able to read my log and help with it? because i cant read it obviously .....
    Thank you in advance

You need accurate injector data as part of the baseline starting point. If you don't have injector data, you are stuck. I am sorry this is harder than you thought it would be. If injector data was something you could just fiddle with until it runs right, there wouldn't be companies (laboratories?) that get paid five figures to build the data needed for an unknown injector to work with the stock PCM.

If you want a system where you can just pick an injector size from a drop-down list and then go run 9s, buy a Dominator. The stock PCM just does not work like that.

There are stock GM trucks that used a 50lb injector, and their tune files are readily available to pull all the genuine data from, and the injectors can be had for under $100/set. I promise you will run into more than $100 worth of frustration from being all smooth-brained and stubborn if you stick with the mystery injectors with no data.

Potential Tuner
    Great thanks and Respect in advance....
    Will continue this.
    Thank you.

Potential Tuner
    Went back to stock injectors and truck intake,
    The o411 Gm computer I have from the donor has a lot of changes done by the previous owner,
    Does anyone know if I can get a bone stock tune for a 2003 Silverado 2500hd 4x4 6.0 lq4 4l80e?
    Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Would it be a kick in the teeth to tell you that stock truck injector won't be large enough for the power this engine makes?

I get it if they are just a temp thing so you can get it running but they will be out of juice beyond 4,500-5,00rpm.

Also, stock calibrations can be found in the tune repository on your customer page on HP Tuners main website. Find a stock file that matches the current OS/Year that you have. Then just use the compare feature to copy over the stock tune data.

Potential Tuner

idle clip surge

idle clip.hpl

thing surges after warm up
    thanks in advance idle clip.hpl
    tune after trying to delete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Would it be a kick in the teeth to tell you that stock truck injector won't be large enough for the power this engine makes?

I get it if they are just a temp thing so you can get it running but they will be out of juice beyond 4,500-5,00rpm.

Also, stock calibrations can be found in the tune repository on your customer page on HP Tuners main website. Find a stock file that matches the current OS/Year that you have. Then just use the compare feature to copy over the stock tune data.
    update, put the stock tune with down stream o2' deleted and some other stock turn offs for a swap. runs great now just need injectors. any recommendations ???
    and yes the whole time i was fighting a molested tune that was from a donor.....