Thread: Wierd issue with installation of MSD(MAF issue!)

Tuner in Training

Wierd issue with installation of MSD(MAF issue!)

Hello all,
    I have a weird issue upon installation of an MSD Air Force intake onto a 2013 LS7, what's weird is the car starts and dies immediately unless I put it into speed density mode and then (when hot) act the same when the car is hot and attempted to restart, now once the car is running in speed density mode the car could drive 10000 miles without an issue, but as soon as you shut it off and try to restart it goes into this crazy Non starting Low RPM and then die mode.
    I have already checked voltage systems and replaced parts, ops checked the maf, replace the map,.. Now this is a completely stock car except for the MSD intake.

Let me know your thoughts!

where da files at
    -or-
    Did you check the thing? What about the other thing? Does it show anything weird in the log when this happens? Any DTCs? Did you check the whatzit?

Your choice.

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like a air/vacuum leak
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!..the gadget is good and fulcrum flex drive is ops checked as well.....meanwhile, nothing out of the ordinary on data logs. Again, if I put it in speed density mode it's fine till it's hot(which could be a dis-correlation of air from what maf sees to what's behind the throttle. )...

Maf replaced
    Map replaced
    Intake torqued to correct torque
    Throttle torqued

But if there was a sustained vacuum leak would it act this way regardless of temp(unless there was a crack which would make itself known under heat)

So not going to post a tune file and a log showing the issue while it's happening? If not, then check all the things that might could cause it, and repair anything you find. Assembly is the reverse of removal. No data to look at means unhelpful generic answers.

Tuner in Training
    Posting a tune file isint a problem. Just curious if anyone else has seen this with the symptoms being laid out.

Tuner in Training
    Shot in the dark, did you drill a hole for the map sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune and log files. We really need to see whats going on...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Did you perform an idle relearn during a KOEO?

Tuner in Training
    Excellent question, yes 3/8(if I'm not mistaken that's what the tech data says)

Tuner in Training
    Good idea. I have done a idle relearn but it can't hurt to try again!