Thread: Support run around

Tuner in Training

Support run around

has anyone ever had any success getting someone from hptuners on the phone? ive been going in circles with pete for atleast a week now and the one email response a day is dragging this problem way out. i think it could be resolved much faster over the phone as it seems day to day pete doesnt remember my original issue and keeps telling me to do the same things over and over. im an hptuners user for 8yrs from mpvi to mpvi2 i think i know how to use it IF THE HARDWARE WORKS. 4 laptops, 3 different operating systems, 3 different vehicles & a benchtop setup, countless usb a to usb c cables....all of which have read and written tunes before. i'm gonna go out on a limb and say my pc's/vehicles/windows versions are NOT THE PROBLEM.

first service request #:53982
    second service request 3: 54881

my phone numbers are listed in both requests, all i ask is someone to call me so we can talk for 5-10min about the issue and hopefully resolve it today! thank you

Tuner in Training
    the customer service and support is top notch around here, where else can you invest a thousand dollars in a little box and not even get a phone number to call for assistance or even a call back from them.. im guessing with the upcoming release of the new hardware they are reluctant to help with the old hardware hoping ill upgrade to the new version. my guess is the usb-c port is the weak link and they probably already know it thats why i can only connect to mine via bluetooth.

if anyone has run out of storage on their mpvi2(4gb storage) drop me a PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikv6 View Post
    the customer service and support is top notch around here, where else can you invest a thousand dollars in a little box and not even get a phone number to call for assistance or even a call back from them.. im guessing with the upcoming release of the new hardware they are reluctant to help with the old hardware hoping ill upgrade to the new version. my guess is the usb-c port is the weak link and they probably already know it thats why i can only connect to mine via bluetooth.

I seem to be having similar issues. My 3yr old MPVI2 refuses to read or write without failing. 2 laptops and 3 different usb cords same issue.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikv6 View Post

https://www.google.com/search?client...ability+cycles

USB-C is far better than USB-A with a 10,000 cycle avg life.

Regarding your 3 year old MPVI2 that is having issues, I've forwarded your information to our team leader for review. Unfortunately electronics aren't perfect and after years of use they can fail.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"