Thread: Cell Hit count vs. Histogram average output clarification

Tuner in Training

Cell Hit count vs. Histogram average output clarification

I have read through help, searched, but haven't been able to find an answer to this so far. If it exists and I failed to find it, please provide a link to the info...

When defining the "Cell Hit count required" field in a histogram graph display AND setting the view output of the histogram graph to 'Average', does the calculated value that ultimately is displayed include the values before reaching the "cell hit count required" value or does it simply start after it reaches that value?

i.e. if I set the "Cell hit Count Required" field to 2000 and define the histogram graph for 'Average' values and head out on a road trip, does the output in the histogram graph include hits 1-1999 in the averaging of the output, or does the output START calculating the averaging from hits 2000 onward?

https://www.hptuners.com/help/ seems to be written for version 2.x of the software, and this detail wasn't found there. (https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sc..._histogram.htm)

Thanks.

Good question
    My guess is until you reach the minimum it will not transfer to the graph data

I'm basing this on a log I was looking at the other night and while scrolling through I saw a few cells being hit in the graph, but no data.
    I though crap, I dont have my column labels correct. Double checked all okay.
    So I then went into the graphs setup, removed the 25 minimum counts. Went back to graph and there was data (the cell counts were like 18).

So in this instance, the data was logged but not transferred because the minimum had not been met.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Hey neighbor! I'm just south of you in Flower Mound. Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I was clear enough in my initial question, as I know that the data is logged/stored regardless of the value specified in the "Cell hit Count required" field, and changing that value later will determine what cells display data. What I'm looking to find out is this: Once that minimum value of cell hit counts is reached, and the cell will then start displaying data, does the output information include ALL hits in the averaging, or does it only include the hits after the minimum required hit count in the averaging calculations.

i.e. if I start logging data that would populate a cell and the first 100 hits of data logged for that cell was a value of "10", and then the subsequent 100 hits of data logged for that cell was a value of "20". If I specify that the "Cell hit count required" field is 100, then once the minimum required number of 100 hits is reached and it starts displaying data, once the full 200 data points are collected, would the displayed data in the cell be "20", or would it be "15"?