Thread: Data Overlay Template with Input Files Defined for Guages?

Data Overlay Template with Input Files Defined for Guages?

Can I create a data overlay template that has different input files defined for different gages?

I use multiple input files, each from a different data source
    I have gauges use data from different input file
    I have no beef with renaming the input files before adding them to RR so naming is consistent in all RR projects

I can't seem to figure out a way to save or apply my data overlay template without all gauges using data from only one of the input files. Is there a way I can make this happen?

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    The best way to do this is to get everything setup the way you want it, and then click File > Export Layout as Template...

That should give you a Create Template pop-up window that will let you choose which Display Objects you want as well as the Input Files (both video and data). You can triple click the name of the Input File to give it a specific name to differentiate it from the others.
    CreateTemplate.jpg

You can save up to 8 Input Files in the template, but if you have more then the Display Objects will just not have an Input File, which you can always add once you create a new project, and then set it on each of the Display Objects missing it.

If you save it with "Project - " at the start of the name like others in the Templates folder, then it should appear in the list of templates when you first open up RaceRender:
    NewProject.jpg

Once you click the project in the list of templates, you'll be presented with a dialog to add Input Files in the corresponding slots. You can use the same file for multiple slots if desired, but ideally you would choose a different one for each slot (otherwise you wouldn't have had the same file listed twice originally):
    AddTemplateToProject.jpg

You can also edit any Display Object in the new project as you want, but the template won't be updated unless you export the layout as a template again with the same name. This has been a HUGE time saver for me given that my current single video template has 42 Display Objects and 7 Input Files.