Thread: 6L90e physically in park but HP Tuners shows D2

6L90e physically in park but HP Tuners shows D2

Looking for some guidance as I'm approaching a deadline (race day is coming in a couple weeks). I'm closing in on the end of my swap and I have a couple of (I think related issues). This is my first LS swap as well as my first time using HP Tuners so I apologize if this is in fact not a tune issue. Issue is as follows:

I have verified that the shift selector arm on the transmission housing is in park. However when I start the vehicle and let it idle the HP Tuners scanner shows D2 as the selected gear. While in this state, the engine will not rev past 1600 RPM. Physically clicking through the gears on the trans does not change anything in the scanner. The trans will go into gear though and spin the driveshaft (vehicle is on jackstands).

Now with the transmission physically in drive (click it into drive then start it), I can hit the gas and it revs mercilessly and bald eagles scream and my pants get a little tighter......

So is there something in the tune causing this or did I miss something in the wiring you think?

Thanks for any input guys/gals!

Jeremy

Edit: sorry I forgot to add the important stuff

Donor is a 2011 Express 3500
    4.8 L20
    E38 ecu
    6L90e
    T43 TCU
    Factory harness trimmed down

All of it is in a 2002 Crown Victoria used for endurance road racing.

Best thing to do is post your Tune File and a log with both events occurring

"Factory Harness Trimmed Down".... Explain
    I'm assuming you do not have any of the Express Vans BCM, ABS, and so on...
    I'm no swap guy, but this info is important for those who really know to help you...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Makes sense, I'll get that posted up today. I've been thrashing to get the car ready for racing so I didn't get back on here right away.

I have attached the current tune.

I have resolved the "No rev beyond 1600" issue. It was the Accessory Serial wakeup wire (Blue wire, pin 9 on trans connector). Once I connected it to 12v+ power i can now rev the engine in park.

Now though, the HP Tuners scanner still shows the selected gear as being Neutral while the transmission is in park.

To answer earlier questions: The factory harness has been trimmed down so as to remove anything that was absolutely not necessary. So as it sits there is the ECU, the TCM in the trans and a relay/fuse panel built for the race car. Please know that this is NOT a street car. So anything that came with the harness that may have been related to BCM, A/C or similar was removed from the harness.

As always thanks for any assistance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I thought about this too. I did have the trans open for a shift kit and some other preventative fixes. Maybe I didnt get that put together correctly?