Thread: 2018 ecodiesel help!!

Potential Tuner

Angry 2018 ecodiesel help!!

hey everyone. i have a 2018 ram 1500 ecodiesel and got an MPVI2 the other day. hooked everything up according to instructions and keep getting "detect protocol failed". also have the security bypass cable installed. ive downloaded vcm suite both stable and beta multiple times. resynced about a hundred times. checked obd port for power, ohmed grounds, tried new cables. ive tried just about everything i can think of. will not pull up any vehicle info in editor or scanner. opened a support ticket with hp tuners and after 5 days still nothing from them. if anyone has any ideas im open to suggestions. truck has the EDC17C79
    ecm so according to the website it doesnt have to be unlocked

Potential Tuner

Smile finally fixed

well after 8hrs of searching and forums and blogs it all came down to having to install a 2yr old version of VCM suite. the latest verison from this site will not read the 2018 Ram 1500. why i do not know????? you would think that the latest software would be the best but no. had a flash drive that came with MPVI2 and it had a version of VCM suite from 2020 on it. downloaded that and truck tuned with no problem, read everything and finally solved my issue. HP tuners still has never responded to my service ticket so dont expect their customer support really cares.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stella.eco.ram View Post
    install a 2yr old version of VCM suite.
    which version can do this?

Potential Tuner
    I cant say i had this issue. Ive been using 4.12.4 since i first read my ecm back in June of this year