Thread: Car running lean while idling/cruising

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Car running lean while idling/cruising

Unfortunetly i went throught the chevy transmission problem with the torque converter. I had this torque converter on hand when I wanted to go procharged so i had the guy install it thinking it would not cause any issues just being a higher stall. It has been idling lean ever since i did that.

I am going to post two file with log1 being the log after the torque converter install and MafPartThrottleFinal being before the converter install.. any help is appreciated.

I also changed my 02 sensors already and have new spark plugs too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I can also give more information on my car if needed too
    ----------------------------
    17 camaro ss
    MSD Intake
    2" headers
    NGK iridium spark plugs

The file that says "Log1" is not running lean, it's running rich. Negative fuel trims means it's pulling a fuel, and that log is pulling a lot of fuel just to try and make it run okay.

The second data log looks really normal to me as far as fuel trims go, nothing really wrong there.

You just have 4 o2 sensor codes for the rear sensors and possible they are permanent codes if they were turned off after you already removed the parts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The file that says "Log1" is not running lean, it's running rich. Negative fuel trims means it's pulling a fuel, and that log is pulling a lot of fuel just to try and make it run okay.

The second data log looks really normal to me as far as fuel trims go, nothing really wrong there.

You just have 4 o2 sensor codes for the rear sensors and possible they are permanent codes if they were turned off after you already removed the parts.
    So you recommend me to remove?
    17 camaro ss
    MSD Intake
    2" headers
    NGK iridium spark plugs