Thread: BRP/Can-Am course from The Tuning School

Tuner in Training

BRP/Can-Am course from The Tuning School

I got the email yesterday that The Tuning School just released their BRP/Can-Am course for HPT. Is anyone thinking about purchasing it? I am thinking about it in hopes to cut down on a lot of trial and error since this HPT platform is so new.

I have been through one of their 2-day in-person LS training classes and it was very good. This BRP class is online only at the moment.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd bet it's only for setting afr & timing, not really in depth, as it should be.
    I can ask many, many more questions than they can ever answer.

Tuner in Training
    Yea that's why the in-person class was good we could ask as many questions as needed. Not so sure about the online course. But it comes with a book that may have good info in it. The MAF and Speed density tuning books that came with the LS class are very good.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Allcagdup!

I can give you a quick rundown of what is covered in the course. We wrote one for Dynojet's Software, in addition to HP Tuners.

We cover fuel injector sizing, target idle speed, throttle controls, torque management, fuel and spark modifiers, WOT fueling, spark advance changes, engine cooling controls, speed limiter, VE, boost controls, etc.

A lot of the information will correlate to aftermarket thermostats, aftermarket injectors, larger turbos, and alternative fuels. It is a beginners course that gives the user a proven step by step process to follow. However it also gives the user the ability to build off this process and do some in house R&D on more complex builds, as the user becomes more and more comfortable. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected], I am always more than happy to help.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TMPChrssy View Post
    Hey Allcagdup!

I can give you a quick rundown of what is covered in the course. We wrote one for Dynojet's Software, in addition to HP Tuners.

We cover fuel injector sizing, target idle speed, throttle controls, torque management, fuel and spark modifiers, WOT fueling, spark advance changes, engine cooling controls, speed limiter, VE, boost controls, etc.

A lot of the information will correlate to aftermarket thermostats, aftermarket injectors, larger turbos, and alternative fuels. It is a beginners course that gives the user a proven step by step process to follow. However it also gives the user the ability to build off this process and do some in house R&D on more complex builds, as the user becomes more and more comfortable. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected], I am always more than happy to help.
    Is there any teaching on ignition efficiency tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Is there any teaching on ignition efficiency tuning?
    i guess that is a no? lol
    GOD HELP US ALL....