Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e38 idle and off idle is kicking my a**

Advanced Tuner
    Just higher than they are now, really...

Senior Tuner
    In that case you'd find a stock 6.0 tune and use those values for a lot of things.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    In that case you'd find a stock 6.0 tune and use those values for a lot of things.
    Problem with that is a stock Gen4 tune doesn’t have the same parts I do. Using an LS2 intake and throttle body, LS3 map and MAF, etc. I did drive the car to the grocery store and it’s what I’ll call 95%. Been busy doing other things today and haven’t looked at the changes you made yet. But I’m sure looking at those I can get it dialed the rest of the way in.
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Tuner in Training
    So what’s the benefit in turning on COT?
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Senior Tuner
    You wouldn't go that far. Use common sense. To name a few things, open loop eq, ivt gains and virtual torque from a 6.0 tune, injector and etc settings from the vette tune. Just stuff that you think could be beneficial.

Advanced Tuner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Are you that bored or just trying to get someone to pay attention to you?
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Senior Tuner
    easy kidd, smokeshow is one of the OG group of blokes that come on here that actually know almost everything about this platform. He gave you advice earlier in the thread then that means you should implement it.

Tuner in Training
    easy kidd, smokeshow is one of the OG group of blokes that come on here that actually know almost everything about this platform. He gave you advice earlier in the thread then that means you should implement it.
    Well let me just piss everyone off then. He gave me some half assed advice with no regards to my original post. Put it back stock, there is no stock. When you spout of random stuff with reasoning you help no one as it’s like growing up and your dad says because I said to do it that way. So I’ll pass on implementing his advice that means I’d be putting settings in place that have no place on my car. You on the other hand have been quite helpful and I appreciate that, but I won’t be treated like a dumb ass just because I’m trying to learn without just being told what to do by someone that doesn’t know my vehicle.
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Added to Adblock/uBlock filter list:
    screenshot.18-07-2022 00.43.10.png

HO NOES I haz been given teh RED MARK OF SHAME, for 'Trolling'! I iz ruined now!!!!!!11one

screenshot.18-07-2022 13.40.06.png

(and yes, I had to disable the uBlock filters to even see which thread teh RED MARK OF SHAME came from, otherwise it was just a blank space on the screen; that was what you might call a clue)

This deserves a special commemoration. As a mark of thanks to the brave anonymous soul, unafraid to speak the truth, I hereby present the prestigious award of one manwithabigcock.jpg:

manwithabigcock.jpg

p.s. If smokeshow gave me a piece of advice, and I was absolutely 100% sure it was definitely wrong, I would still try it anyway. And then probably end up learning that I am not as smart as I thought I was.

p.s. If smokeshow gave me a piece of advice, and I was absolutely 100% sure it was definitely wrong, I would still try it anyway. And then probably end up learning that I am not as smart as I thought I was.[/QUOTE]

TRUTH
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Senior Tuner
    Makes for a good signature

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    p.s. If smokeshow gave me a piece of advice, and i was absolutely 100% sure it was definitely wrong, i would still try it anyway. And then probably end up learning that i am not as smart as i thought i was.
    truth[/quote]

x100