Thread: Torque management questions - E67

Torque management questions - E67

In the torque management tab, general, there are 2 sections for max torque.
    1st section, "Maximum Torque," is just a single button "RPM vs Gear." Makes sense to me.
    2nd section, "Torque limit vs RPM,", with buttons for each gear, but still adjusted by rpm within each table. Also makes sense to me.

HP tuners says this:

Max Engine Torque vs. RPM vs. Gear: Maximum allowed engine torque vs. RPM and current gear for transmission protection. Electronic Throttle Fitted Vehicles only.
    Max Torque vs. Gear: Maximum allowed engine torque vs. current gear. (I don't have this table)
    Max Torque vs. RPM: Maximum allowed engine torque vs. RPM, whilst TCC locked.

Basically I'm going to attempt to use these tables to pull power in 1st and 2nd gear for traction/consistency. But I don't know which one I need to edit, and if they'll fight each other.

EDIT: I have a manual so I'm guessing the vs rpm tables just won't apply to me. But then does the rpm vs gear table not apply to me either?
    Last edited by madmikeismad; 07-14-2022 at 07:44 PM.
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

I personally just max out these values all across unless your in transmission then be careful

Yeah thats how I ran it for the last 2 years, but I'd like to start working on consistent launches lol.
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

Senior Tuner
    Never tried it but it should be worth your time to have a play. If it starts kicking in the etc though it will be shit. Check what your torque management controls are set to, and consider running use spark and use fuel and no etc. No idea how hard on the exhaust valves it'll be if she drops the spark right back but keeps full fuel going in