Thread: 2016 C7 8speed WOT issues 3-4 harsh shift and 4-5 hesitant shift

Tuner

2016 C7 8speed WOT issues 3-4 harsh shift and 4-5 hesitant shift

Trying to fix some issues with a previous trans tune on a FBO cammed 2016 C7 8speed (intake, headers, ported MSD intake manifold, katech 103, flex fuel...etc.) running a 235/248 Stage 2 Comp Cam. Has a Circle D 2800-3000 stall with triple disk TCC. Drives way better than before but pending issues are basically WOT 3-4 shift is still way too harsh (donkey kick shift), and 4-5 WOT is a bit hesitant and hangs for a split second before shifting. I've tried moving up and down the 4-5 WOT shift RPM with no change in results. Engine tune was revised and torque models are fairly accurate, so I'm thinking it's still probably in the trans tune. I'm familiar with 4L60 and 6L80 tuning and fairly decent at it, but still newish to the 8L90 8speeds. I've logged vehicle speed and commanded WOT shift speed is definitely below the actual vehicle speed, so I'm not sure what's holding it up. Just want some ideas on things to try. I'll post current tune and log soon, (laptop at home), but just want some pointers for now.
    Last edited by turabo87; 07-15-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Tuner
    Log capturing 3-4 hard shift and 4-5 hesitant shift, and tune attached. Also attached a stock reference tune of same year C7 (from repository)

Tuner
    Figured it out, previous tune had TQ management on trans side completely disabled, leading to all those issues. Enabling TQ management for trans solved it. 3-4 shift still a little harsh but much improved.