Thread: Is battery charger/stabilizer needed during reflash? Golf GTI 2.0 2011 Bosch MED17.1

Tuner in Training

Is battery charger/stabilizer needed during reflash? Golf GTI 2.0 2011 Bosch MED17.1

Is a battery stabilizer needed during reflash?

How long does a typical reflash take on MED17.1 with HP Tuners?

I was tuning with Alientech but it takes 30-40 mins sometimes to reflassh through OBD. I am considering HP Tuners.

Thanks,

AC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AC3 View Post
    Is a battery stabilizer needed during reflash?

How long does a typical reflash take on MED17.1 with HP Tuners?

I was tuning with Alientech but it takes 30-40 mins sometimes to reflassh through OBD. I am considering HP Tuners.

Thanks,

AC
    Takes only 30seconds , alientech flashed the full memory HP only the changes , i always use a charger if the flash is over 2min

Hp tuners gives you that option with med 17.1 , either write calibration (just the changes) or write entire (the whole enchilada).

The cheaper your charger the more likely it will put ripple in the charge. Most manufacturers have special chargers specifically designed for programming. The charge is VERY regulated with nearly no ripple A/C riding on the charge. If you are concerned your best bet is to have a good fully charged spare battery with some jumper cables.