Thread: 416 Stroker cold start issues

Potential Tuner

416 Stroker cold start issues

I have a 99 Corvette with 416 stroker, mild East Texas Musclecar cam. FITech intake and 55lb FITech injectors. Throttle body is from 09 G6. Stock ECM. I paid for someone to come tune it at the shop. Since that time it has severe cold start and running issues until it reaches operating temp. I'm not sure if i want to revisit the same person with it. I would rather have other input at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Injector data came from...?

Potential Tuner
    Fitech sent me data for the injectors. The data in the tune I assume was edited by the guy who tuned it. I'm attaching the file sent by fitech.

So the entire Offset vs Volts vs Vac table is a wild guess. I do not envy you trying to tune this thing.

Potential Tuner
    The same customer who owns the corvette put a fitech system on a 383 and it was nothing but a nightmare. He finally let me remove it and put a carb on it. Before this he was convinced by Jegs Fitech was good for the corvette. And was direct fit, It came with 3 BAR MAP sensor and a drive by cable throttle body, not to mention his Ebay throttle body after that. Nothing about this trip is could be enviable. Now here we are. I found a thread about converting Fitech to GM but never got my mind wrapped around just exactly how it works.

Why not just use equivalent-sized GM injectors that you can pull all the genuine data for out of a stock tune file for a vehicle that used those injectors? Injectors without data are fine for aftermarket controllers where it's all pre-loaded in the aftermarket software and you just pick the ones you have from a dropdown menu.